By heresmybellybotton - 18/07/2009 00:12 - United States

Today, I was babysitting a little girl down the street. She pulled out her 'memory box', which contained many childhood treasures. After pulling out a variety of dresses and baby pictures, she says, "... and here's my belly button!" and plops an umbilical chord in my hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 897
You deserved it 3 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MukyDaCookie 0

What a precious childhood memory. Every kid should keep one of those, mine is under my pillow along with my tonsils, wisdom teeth and my first crap.

Comments

my sister kept her son's cord. while I understand it's not the most mentally pleasant image, it really isn't THAT bad. it's just dried up tissue. it isn't like it's this floppy spongy tube like in its original state. I wouldn't do it myself, but I have seen it and just wanted to clarify what I think a lot of people are misunderstanding and imagining.

Zer0de 0

Mmmm Beef Jerky. But seriously that's gross.

suzh824 0

the girls i babysit have theirs in a little box and they are constantly playing with it and showing me over and over again. It's gross!

It's really not that bad. That thing kept her alive while she was being made. I wish my parents had kept mine.

luvedward4evr 0

it's spelled "cord". not "chord", which is used in music. thought you should know. that said, i assume the cord is at least preserved in some type of special bag or something and not just chilling in a ziploc. but still, i wouldn't want things like that (or really any sentimental items) where my small child could easily get her hands on them.