By heresmybellybotton - 18/07/2009 00:12 - United States

Today, I was babysitting a little girl down the street. She pulled out her 'memory box', which contained many childhood treasures. After pulling out a variety of dresses and baby pictures, she says, "... and here's my belly button!" and plops an umbilical chord in my hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 897
You deserved it 3 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MukyDaCookie 0

What a precious childhood memory. Every kid should keep one of those, mine is under my pillow along with my tonsils, wisdom teeth and my first crap.

Comments

You should have said, "That's OK, but if your parents were really cool, you'd have the placenta, too!"

Who would really keep that? Wouldn't it grow hard or shrivel or something?

SierraStabler 0

rofl @ 53 beautiful, man. I really don't see what's wrong with this. They kept the umbilical cord. So what? Grow up people...

I have been put in some awkward babysitting situations, but thankfull never in this one.

alwaysalady 0

I saved a lot of things from my son, his curls, his little teeth, his hospital bracelet, tiny shoes, but the umbilical cord, quite frankly, grossed me out, and I was only too glad to throw it away, along with his circumcision ring. (Several of my friends saved those, and all I can think is, WHY?) It's just not cute to save dried flesh.

thelonelylurker 0

"I touched an umbilical cord today, **** My Life." Really? Man up and stfu.

lol, my mum never kept mine, she was too squeamish.

hawaiianxpunchx3 0

ahh memories.because every child should have their own umbillical cord.

if nobody ate it and it wasn't bloody, i don't see what's so gross about it.

fallacy_fml 0

Holy shit, I was genuinely a bit scared when I read that. XD Ahh--- gross.