By heresmybellybotton - 18/07/2009 00:12 - United States

Today, I was babysitting a little girl down the street. She pulled out her 'memory box', which contained many childhood treasures. After pulling out a variety of dresses and baby pictures, she says, "... and here's my belly button!" and plops an umbilical chord in my hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 897
You deserved it 3 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MukyDaCookie 0

What a precious childhood memory. Every kid should keep one of those, mine is under my pillow along with my tonsils, wisdom teeth and my first crap.

Comments

heyFYL 0

uhh, I'm pretty sure umbilical cords have the most purest blood, so some families save them just incase their child ever has a very serious disease or so they can use the blood to help them find a cure or so.

A rather large number of comments decrying how fscking gross kids are. I'm pretty sure the girl didn't actually make the decision to keep her umbilical cord... The umbilical cord is a bit important in some cultures. I believe that in Hmong cultures, it needs to be buried below the house; doing so is related to...ah, my memory's foggy, but it has something to do with "tying" their soul to the house. But this is the first I've heard of someone just plain keeping it. Sentimental attachments sure can be strange.

You touched a piece of dried-out tissue. I fail to see how that can affect you enough to classify as an FML.

santi15 0

Shit thats disgusting!! almost threw up

Stevieebabyy 0

3: I feel very, very sorry for you. OP: Tell the parents!

why the hell did they have an umbilical cord?? and you spelled cord wrong.

LikelyYourFake 0

For anyone grossed out by this, unless it was in a jar, which it sure does not sound like, this is just totally fake. The cord is meat and just like any meat, it would have rotted and fallen apart by now unless dried and cured - which if it could "plop" into her hands, it wasn't (I also don't know of anyone who has ever done this). This is just a fake. Move on...

why is this so gross? its just a dried piece of cord...when dried its only maybe 3 cm long....I don't see how this is really gross...a lot of people keep their kids umbilical cord. (the section that was still on after bringing the baby home)

That exact thing happened to me about 5 years ago!

xSceneSceneBabyx 0