By Soap0015 - 16/08/2012 09:57 - United States

Today, I was at work as a lifeguard. The temperature was absolutely stifling, but I tried to tough it out. A couple of hours into my shift, I passed out, fell off my stand, and crashed into the water. Or so the medics tell me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 190
You deserved it 2 809

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How ironic. A lifeguard needed to be saved from the water.

Here in its natural habitat, the lifeguard would rather pass out from dehydration, than to drink from the watering hole like everyone else. Fascinating!

Comments

yaniggamatt 3

one does not simply 'crash' into water

I don't think this is a nature show, rather the begining of an episode of House and OP has an incurrable disease.

this is why I refuse to go outside until fall.

fooltemptress 36

You, as a lifeguard, should know not only how important it is to stay hydrated in this weather but the warning signs of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. You can't simply tough this stuff out and expect to be okay. Heat exhaustion and heat stroke are DEADLY. People die from heat stroke ... and you could have been one of them!

At least u didn't pass out and hit the concrete.

doglover100 28

Sorry. Well you didn't hit the concrete. Now you know to drink water all the time.

FYL for sure!!! I'm prone to heat stroke, and I used to have an outdoorsy job, I ended up having to quit when the heat became too much. I hope things are better for you now

Wealthyparrot 9

YDI. There are one thousand and one ways you could have dealt with this, and you chose not to. You paid the price. Learn from this experience, and come with sun screen, shade, a couple cold water bottles, and/or a fan. If you work in heat YOU are responsible for finding a solution.

that's ridiculous. if it was that hot why didnt you quickly get wet. ydi