By Soap0015 - 16/08/2012 09:57 - United States

Today, I was at work as a lifeguard. The temperature was absolutely stifling, but I tried to tough it out. A couple of hours into my shift, I passed out, fell off my stand, and crashed into the water. Or so the medics tell me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 190
You deserved it 2 809

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How ironic. A lifeguard needed to be saved from the water.

Here in its natural habitat, the lifeguard would rather pass out from dehydration, than to drink from the watering hole like everyone else. Fascinating!

Comments

hateevryone 14

You were dehydrated. Idiot, you should know better. Keep a water bottle on you at all times! I wonder if your boss didn't tell you do to that already. Bonehead.

nela25 23

You're lucky that you at least landed in water, imagine if you landed on concrete or something.. Stay hydrated, especially in this weather.

intelliDude 7

At least the water helped against your heatstroke.

not as bad as 911 being called because u sprained your ankle while riding ur scooter on a college campus. hope your OK.

imodilley 4

That's really dangerous, it's easy though to ignore first signs of faintness. But you have to remember what you feel at first can feel tolerable but worse symptoms come hard and fast so please pay attention to your body. I mean how can you save others if your putting your own life in danger!

Llama_Face89 33

I've done that! I thought nobody noticed until some kid said "look the lifeguard's bleeding!"

baileygirl88 8

What kind of standards does the company you work for have, if any? They should supply you with frequent breaks indoors, and a shady umbrella and water to drink. Seriously. I've worked enough pools to know.

I was called in last minute and had just came from a Marathon. I was tired but needed the hours.

Be happy you didn't land on the concrete.