By pussyOUT - 01/09/2009 06:30 - United States

Today, I was at an amusement park with my kids. When we were on the Ferris wheel, I discovered my fear of heights. I hyperventilated, screamed from our seat "LET ME OUT! OH GOD LET ME OUT!!" I also began crying hysterically. They stopped the ride for me to get off. I'm a 45 year old man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 217
You deserved it 16 092

Same thing different taste

Sensory deprivation

By Trisha - 07/10/2023 10:00 - United States

Today, I went to a theme park with my friends. I was excited to ride the rollercoasters, but just as we were about to get on the biggest one, I realized I'd had left my glasses in the car. I can't see shit without them, but I decided to go on the ride anyway. I spent the entire time screaming in terror while my friends laughed, while I couldn't see a thing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 175
You deserved it 668

Top comments

How do you get to be 45 and not discover that you fear heights?

Comments

_THE_MASTER_ 0

i feel for you, OP, but honestly! ...? you're 45? never been up high before? FYL man.

alex_vik 0

I've got a fear of heights myself, so I know how you feel.

babylon_pride 0

To the people saying he's 45 and should know... it may just be an extreme fear of ferris wheels. I know from experience I can ride roller coasters, can walk across a bridge a mile up that sways in the wind, can even go to the top floor of buildings and stand on the roof as my father does construction on it. It's a ferris wheel that can make me sick to my stomach and almost burst into tears, and I've been on them all my life. It's different. It's not a platform that stays still, but something that sways, that normally is years old, that you feel as if any moment you're going to fall out if you don't hold on tight enough. And so what? He's never been on a ferris wheel until now? Maybe he didn't have a childhood where his parents took him to carnivals, as hey guess what? They get super expensive. And maybe his kids are just now old enough to go. Stop being so judgmental.

Exactly. I've ridden the rollercoaster with the biggest drop on the east coast and loved it but Ferris Wheels scare the crap out of me. Just something about the creaking and swaying and...oldness...

What about the slingshot ride? The one where there's nothing but you getting vaulted into the air hanging on for dear life by two bungees. I love roller coasters, drop towers, and don't mind ferris wheels but I'd NEVER get on the slingshot ride.

MissMadday 0

I agree 100% I can stand on tall buildings and ride roller coasters, but ferris wheels make me feel the need to shit my pants. I dont blame you whatsoever pussyOUT

gurly98 13

Exactly I think all rides are scary even ferris whereas and roll coasters

I'm not gonna make a joke or anything man, that just plain sucks..... okay, it is a little funny.

STVader 0

YDI for being a massive pussy.

I call shenanigans. How do you suddenly realize you have a fear of heights? You mean you've never been to the top of a building? Never walked across a bridge? Never climbed a ladder? You also don't mention experiencing signs of vertigo.

I'm in the same boat as you. I am 23 (girl) and panic on a 10 foot tall ladder. Ignore those who tell you you aren't being masculine; real men understand that these things happen!