By IceQueen - 01/02/2014 00:40 - United States - Clinton

Today, I've been without hot water for three days thanks to a frozen water line. I finally managed to thaw the frozen area, only to have the chunk of ice dislodge, slam into a bend in the pipe, and burst the line. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 821
You deserved it 6 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whenever I read that "haww", I get a very persistent image of a human with a donkey head laughing over a glass of champagne... But anyway, it totally does suck.

Damn, you were better off with the frozen pipe. Call one if those 24/7 plumbing places! Good luck OP!

Comments

A hot tub will keep the water hot inside it... I don't think he wants chlorine in his morning coffee...

A coffee maker generally doesn't need hot water to work....

I don't think #10 and #12 have seen the movie. Or all the people downvoting this...

12, guess what you need to make coffee. You'll never guess it.

arandomusernameaa 20
prinncess00 16

It would have been smarter to defrost the pipe using a cheap blow dryer to reduce damage to the pipe.

#19, Lol people will piece the logic together eventually. well maybe

Well that's annoying. I hope it improves for you.

Whenever I read that "haww", I get a very persistent image of a human with a donkey head laughing over a glass of champagne... But anyway, it totally does suck.

Wow, first time I've ever see the first 4 comments on one post all be so bad.

ZY1431 24

that sucks and not something you would want to happen this time of the year.

What other time of year would your pipes freeze?

All of the years during the ice age... Is the only answer I can think of.

Damn, you were better off with the frozen pipe. Call one if those 24/7 plumbing places! Good luck OP!

24/7 plumbers are generally going to charge you through the ass though. Stick local. Most local contractors have attention to detail and care about the final product more so than massive corporations. Plus, smaller contractors are more likely to send an appropriately licensed employee.

I liked the pun (I love terrible puns) but you're probably going to get downvoted to hell for using "would of", so for future reference, it's "would have". Keep up with the puns :)

Shit, didn't notice that! Way to kill an otherwise perfectly good comment. Sorry guys :/

I say we let it slide this time, I mean at least it wasn't shitty situation, sticky situation, icy what happened there, ransoms pussy for cat pun, or any of the other overused puns. Original, delivered nicely, one error I give it a 96/100.

You must be boiling with anger. Just keep your head cool, OP.

Not if the water is coming out of a hole in the pipe..

Wizardo 33

Turn off the water and get a plumber in asap, I know these brothers that seem to know what's up they will save your castle.

I could never make it without hot water 0.0