Another fine mess

By Anonymous - 15/09/2012 04:44 - United States - Modesto

Today, the gas company came to connect our stove for free. While here, they broke our hot water heater, shut it off, and issued us a hazard notice. We can fix it, but they won't be able to come back for another two weeks to turn the gas back on. We don't have any hot water until then. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 561
You deserved it 1 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If they broke it, they have to fix it for free, and do it right. It's legal code for them to. (i do these things for a living)..Otherwise you'd win in a court case if it happens to cost you a few grand. Water heaters are quite expensive. So give them a warning or something.

perdix 29

Cold showers build character and rid the mind of perverted thoughts.

Comments

Look on the bright side. At least you don't have a chance to get burned, right?

perdix 29

Cold showers build character and rid the mind of perverted thoughts.

Well, 7, if you think about it, it's hard to fap when you're cold so yea, that makes sense.

perdix 29

#7 If you're still perverted after a cold shower, take saltpeter and eat Graham crackers. Yeah, go look up what Graham flour was invented for.

megusta3 5
Kn0wledge123 21

I just noticed the post said "hot water heater".

Ever heard of putting a large pot of water on the stove?

Kn0wledge123 21

Ever heard of "room temperature"?

How could they if the gas is shut off. Microwave the water now that's a different story

MichellinMan 20

Well, some people call them "water heaters" and some people call them "hot water heater." Theres no difference.

People who do this kind of work are supposed to be professional. How long it is is irrelevant, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

6- I'd like to see you say that after experiencing it. And I agree with 21; it should have never happened.

True say, who hasn't had a cold shower? just to see what it was like. all OP has to do is not 'enjoy' the shower - rather just wash themselves and get over it.

If they broke it, they have to fix it for free, and do it right. It's legal code for them to. (i do these things for a living)..Otherwise you'd win in a court case if it happens to cost you a few grand. Water heaters are quite expensive. So give them a warning or something.

Expensive? They are like $159-$400 at lowes

Theyre not that expensive. 300-400 for a decent 50 gallon if you shop around.

Goddess_Rummy 13

That can be considered expensive if you lack the necessary funds. Also, regardless how much it costs, it's not right that op has to shell put that kind of money for a problem they did not cause.

night_saint 5

Perhaps you can represent OP.

#48 and 49 - If you want a decent water heater that will do it's job in under 15 minutes, while being efficient, you'll be spending $700-$2600 for it. Like i said, i do this for a living.

thiscrazything 1

Yep, that will keep you warm in the shower.

MichellinMan 20

There can be if they charge for it.

sierra142 19

Millions of people don't have hot water let alone running water. Deal with it.

It actually really sucks, my water heater broke and for a month I had to heat my water on the stove and fill up my bath tub. It was so time consuming and i had to keep pots of water on the stove just incase my water got cold.It was a bitch. Especially since it was winter and was Extremely cold. I don't think anyone could get used to it.

I have access to my gas shut off at my house for safety reasons. Maybe you have a similar setup where you could turn it back on yourself.

babygirl4855 11

most, if not all water heaters need gas to work. So turning it back on may be an issue.

Department of Redundancy Department. Specializing in hot water heaters, ATM machines and, DVD videos.