By Freelman - 06/05/2015 14:34 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, I tried to write a bad review for the fast-food place at which I work part-time. My username made me anonymous, but I forgot to change my profile picture. Now my manager and coworkers won't even speak to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 219
You deserved it 44 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Question: why would you want to write a bad review for the place you work at?

If you have a problem with where you work, you should have the balls to bring it up with your coworkers. YDI

Comments

Question: why would you want to write a bad review for the place you work at?

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Yes, it was a bit low of the OP to go behind his coworker's backs and write a review, but at the same time it could also be a good thing. Whistleblowers bring attention to dangerous business practices to the public, and/or shed some light on what actually happens behind the scenes.

Maybe the place really did stink and op's boss sucked, but op couldn't find another job.

I'll tell you right now, most restaurants, and I'm giving a few the benefit of the doubt, have awful practices. Somethings you wont mind, like sticking a finger in the food, sucking it off, adding a bit of seasoning and repeat with the same finger. Somethings such as not washing their hands at all. Even after using the toilet. Others such as a mouldy/rusty kitchen.

skyttlz 32

At my fast food job it's not uncommon to work 7 hours without a break, twice I've worked 8 without a break and a coworker worked 9. Also we have high schoolers that sometimes work until after 11 or midnight on school nights.

Serves you right I suppose. You should've been more careful so YDI

1dvs_bstd 41

what if he was tired of his co-workers spitting in peoples' food?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If you have a problem with where you work, you should have the balls to bring it up with your coworkers. YDI

jazmin3012 28

Honestly, I wouldn't want to speak to you either

Why would you write a bad review if you work there? I think it's time to quit.

If you don't like it there then just quit.

Not everyone is able to just quit their job, even if their job sucks.

There is no shortage of part-time, entry level positions available. Most of which do not pay the bills which indicates the op is not independent and doesn't necessarily need the job.

AkumaUchiha 19

Why would you work at a place you would give a bad review to?

It may be the only place they can get hired at. Some money is better than no money.

That doesn't explain the logic behind writing a negative review in the first place.

Bad review= less customers= less tips= no money= homeless= depression= suicide

ll Secret Route: Be the man with the golden voice.

OP, staying in a job that makes you miserable may as well be called masochism. You clearly sound like you don't like the place and don't enjoy working there, which is pretty much an alarm bell for 'time to get a new job'. Switch jobs, and you will likely find yourself happier. You don't deserve to be miserable because of a bad workplace.