By boblaj - 22/05/2012 16:11 - United Kingdom - Hastings

Today, I took the day off work to be with my wife, since she's always bemoaning my lack of romantic gestures. As thanks, she spent most of the day reading Fifty Shades of Grey, which is basically a blatant plagiarism of Twilight, starring a pair of two-dimensional BDSM freaks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 855
You deserved it 4 027

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dammit redbluegreen! You edited your comment and now I look like an idiot.

Comments

yumyumpoptart 16

just ask her to do something with you. doesn't matter if it's romantic or not, she'll probably appreciate it

Ya well you need to spice up the relationship. Dress up like a sparkling douche bag vampire and maybe she'll pay attention to you.

mhopper 13

Or buy some whips and handcuffs ;) and beat her!!!! I mean, make sweet love to her...

TheFamilyElf 17

Do yourself both a favor. Set the book on fire. Call it a symbol of your burning passion for her. "how's that for romance, bitch?"

I hate to say it, but Twilight is better.

perdix 29

Rub glitter all over yourself then whip that bitch into submission. Those are romantic gestures, schmuck!

jasmine1259 2

Is that the book they parodied on snl?

KiddNYC1O 20

They had a "commercial" about it on snl that I saw :)

jasmine1259 2

The book itself wasn't receiving this much hate when it first came out. I think it's the annoying twilight fans and it's extreme popularity that cause people to hate it.

pinkWabbits 0

50 Shades of Grey IS a Twilight fanfiction, actually posted on fanfiction.net under a different title. The author simply change the names of the people in the book and it was published. Now I'm all for fanfiction, as long as you give the writer the credit they deserve. I believe that it's a nice way to continue and give praise to a book you love, but making a profit off of it? Just awful! And author is now a millionaire! I actually hate when people rip on Twilight. I don't like Twilight, but the only reason it gets the criticism it does is because it's popular. 50 Shades on the other hand... *Shudder* Er, sorry to get off topic. Anyway, I'm sorry you had to go through that thing they call a book, OP! Please give your wife a novel based off of BDSM that's actually... Good!

**** good, just give her one that actually involves BDSM, rather than abuse and stalking and calling that 'kink'. I can't see those books in shops without wanting to scrawl websites with good, safe kink info on the flyleaf.

maronofhearts 19

Actually I think it gets made fun of because the vamps sparkle and cry the characters have less dimension than PAC man and girl go ape shit over it all and expect real boyfriends to be more like the stalker guy who wants to eat the main character. But if you stalked a girl and said I want to eat you shed call the cops not fall in love

actually ppl rip on twilight cuz, hmm i dont know... IT SUCKS. bad actors, glittery vampires and horrible story plot. the only good thing i even liked about twilight, if at all, was seeing hot dudes, like the guy who played jacob, take their shirts off. of all the vampire series out there, they picked twilight?! hello..,blackdagger brotherhood, the dark series, the hollows, dark hunters....anything but twilight!! sorry im ranting...

even if 50 Shades of Grey is a Twilight fanfic, Twilight was released in 05, while The Sookie Stackhouse series (which was turned into True Blood for tv) was released in 2001... so... it was a rip off of that Look above at the comment under 3 and... I think under 12. Someone just enlightened us all... if we ever end up reading the whole comment... it basically spells out some similarities between the two.

lifesabitch77 0

The books were good. The movie is what ****** up the series.

The books were vague, illogical, and outright boring for someone who's accustomed to reading real literature and who can identify an abusive relationship when he sees one. The movie was doomed from the start. I can only pray that one day society will look back on the fads that have come and gone through the last century and shake their heads with disgust as they say, "Man, were we DUMB."

pinkWabbits 0

I know for sure, that if 99% of the people who criticize Twilight now read the book when it wasn't popular, it wouldn't get NEAR the amount of crap it does. That I can assure you.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

That book sounds a lot more interesting than the Twlight series. I'm more of a Chuck Palahniuk fan myself.

challan 19

The book is steamy and I bet Op's wife will be extremely turned on after she's done. It's hard core erotica that women are encouraged to read, instead of made to feel ashamed. I say act out a scene Op!

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Would you want to act out a scene for me Chillan? ;) Haha. Sorry Ani.

CallMeMcFeelii 13