By boblaj - 22/05/2012 16:11 - United Kingdom - Hastings

Today, I took the day off work to be with my wife, since she's always bemoaning my lack of romantic gestures. As thanks, she spent most of the day reading Fifty Shades of Grey, which is basically a blatant plagiarism of Twilight, starring a pair of two-dimensional BDSM freaks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 855
You deserved it 4 027

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dammit redbluegreen! You edited your comment and now I look like an idiot.

Comments

The fact you know enough about Twilight to make that comparison, your Man Card is hereby revoked. However, it does suck to be you.

dominic1221 6

"Man card"? Are you 12 years old?

No, if he read Twilight and LIKED it, it'd be revoked.

I enjoyed 50 shades of grey books and really didn't see the whole it's just like twilight at first but now t seems blatantly obvious

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Have you even read the book there is nothing similar between twilight and the book, or are you reading what someone wrote. Because your post sounded like something out of a footnotes book

Azellia 15

And Twilight is basically a blatent rip-off of the Suki Stackhouse series. But anyway, sucks for you, OP.

Haha, there are probably like 3 of us on here who even know about the Sookie Stackhouse series (True Blood) 2001 vs twinlky Twilight 2005... I guess since it's not a tween love story, no one knows anything about it... it is MA afterall, so not everyone on here is allowed to watch true blood.

What is so great about that book? Library's have hundreds of people on wait lists for it. All I have heard is that it really sucks. All hype.

That book is seriously softcore! If you think those characters are BDSM freaks... then you have no sex life.

unknown_user5566 26

Maybe if you were around more often, and if you were more romantic towards your wife, she wouldnt want to spend the day reading an erotica book and fantasizing about a "real" man. Just a thought.

unknown_user5566 26

129- Fair enough, it is a vicious cycle. However, I I will say this: Happy wife, happy life. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them. ;)

Judging from the OP's description, he's read it (and Twilight) so why bitch about her doing it?

The book is nothing like twilight. So for saying that you sort of deserve it, And frankly if she's reading a book it can be taken away, but someone like you would rather complain on fml then take the book, there is no reason to wonder why she said you do nothing romantic. You dont do anything really.

Uh... if I was reading (regardless of whether it was classic fiction or 'trash'), if someone just took my book away, I'd be a little pissed... That said, OP, did you attempt to engage her attention? Say something like, "Hey, since I have the day off, how about we pack a picnic and go to the park." or "How about we go catch a movie and then I'll make dinner?" It might put some notches in your 'romance' bar for her, rather than insulting her choices of reading material.

Nothing like Twilight? The book literally was a Twilight fanfic in its first draft. Not figuratively, not "practically". Literally. The authoress changed the names/locations and title and shipped it off for publication. The sad thing is, if they aren't similar, that actually indicates a failure on the authoress' part. Talk about a lose/lose situation.