By jgboy - 14/09/2014 15:32 - United States - Franklin Park

Today, I took my girlfriend of a year out on a date, a nice fancy dinner and a movie. After dinner, I said that I was feeling sick and just wanted to go home. I didn't have the heart to tell her that dinner was so expensive that I didn't have money for the movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 180
You deserved it 9 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#ThugLife We've all been in a similar situation, making up something so you don't have to say that you don't have cash. No hard feels...

ash0158 15

I'm sure she appreciated dinner! I'm sorry you couldn't take her out to the movie though, next time set a budget for each event maybe.

Comments

Couldnt have used a credit card this one time to save yourself the embarrassment? Are you 16? In that case, no shame in being broke.

not everyone has a credit card, I'm 23 and I don't have one, I'm also broke

mzdaisylynn 12

You could have told her the truth and see if she would offer to pay for the movies. Women should not expect men to pay for everything on a date.

If you've been dating for a year, she should understand that funds are right and you can't afford everything. shouldn't need to lie about it.

Its more FHL. She lost out on what should have been a really romantic date.

because she didn't get to go to the movies? the obviously expensive flashy restaurant with her boyfriend, who paid for her, wasn't a romantic enough night in your opinion?

CelebrityChef 3

Reason why I don't have a girlfriend

A girl can pay for her own shit once in a while dawg

I sympathise OP. I personally am not comfortable with someone else paying for me, so i would have insisted on paying for myself or one pay for the meal one for the movie, but it is a horrible feeling to want to treat someone and it be more expensive than you expected. How about next time, rent a dvd or stick something on netflix, cook a nice dinner or order take out and have date night at home? It's much more romantic and personal, and will save you a bit of money too.

It's okay, OP. You did a nice thing, and that's what matters.

knoxxx 22

Next time, try hitting up a Redbox Booth afterwards, my boyfriend and I have had so many good movie nights for only $1.50 because of it. (and I'm sure your girlfriend of 1 year still had a great time, you've been together for this long so she must be decent a person.)