By jgboy - 14/09/2014 15:32 - United States - Franklin Park

Today, I took my girlfriend of a year out on a date, a nice fancy dinner and a movie. After dinner, I said that I was feeling sick and just wanted to go home. I didn't have the heart to tell her that dinner was so expensive that I didn't have money for the movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 180
You deserved it 9 505

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#ThugLife We've all been in a similar situation, making up something so you don't have to say that you don't have cash. No hard feels...

ash0158 15

I'm sure she appreciated dinner! I'm sorry you couldn't take her out to the movie though, next time set a budget for each event maybe.

Comments

bravo brother! Keep your chin up everyone goes threw that. unless you're a 1% kid. but they just don't understand, that's the things in life that build us as a person.

Heh, it's sweet you tried to do something special for your anniversary. But as others have said... a year in, you shouldn't really need to lie about that. Maybe she could have bought you the movie tickets? It's a shared occasion, after all.

You shouldn't feel like you have to lie to her! Though I think she should have offered to pay for the movies after you spent all that money on her!

cjwayy 22

You should have made sure you had enough money before going out.

Aw that sucks OP. If she really loves you, she should have understood and chipped in for the movie. I'm a girl and I don't think that the guy should pay for everything.

It's the thought that counts? But if you have been dating for a year that she would be understanding towards the not enough money situation.

Why say a movie if u cant afford it? Take her for a walk in a park or something instead. Its usualy better as its more quality time together instead of a movie

Honestly, there are worse things. You at least we're caring enough to take her out, and I'm sure you tried your best. Just go out to a movie another time. I'm sure any girlfriend would understand.

Why are you paying for dates after a year together? You don't have to do that, especially if you don't have the money to comfortably afford it. Start choosing dates that you can both afford to pay for :-)

lots of reasons, partners birthday, a surprise for their anniversary, personally I'd be a bit annoyed if my partner took me out on a surprise date, then asked me to pay half, mainly because I wouldn't have had a chance to put money aside for it and might be broke from bills and other things already

It saves your pride and no hard feelings. It sucks but not a bad call in my opinion OP.