By me - 18/05/2011 04:13

Today, my boyfriend of nearly 4 years, with whom I have a baby, broke up with me. His reason? His best friend said he didn't like drinking with guys who were "tied down". FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 913
You deserved it 6 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

badbe 0

I doubt that's the real reason.

CateXOX 0

Your boyfriend should have been more dedicated to you than his "drinking friends".

Comments

bros b4 hoes but in that case that wouldve been a huge dick move

Bros before hoes is something I agree with actually. However, I also think baby mamas before best friend dramas.

lidemocr 0

not when you have a family with someone and get married. when "real life" starts "bros" should come second IMO

'Bros before hoes' 'Yer, but my girls not a hoe!'

op isn't married, and could be a hoe for all we know.

skyeyez9 24

Family should be his priority not getting drunk with friends. If guys don't want kids, they need to get a vascectomy asap. To avoid bringing children in this world they will soon abandon, cause they resent having to take responsibility.

iSitt 0

well u gotta think they sound young and besides keyword in this story ......."Boyfriend" it should be husband u totally deserve it u shouldn't have had sex with him until marriage and if u where going to do it anyways u should have been either on the pill or injections and used condoms ur fault for not marrying him and then Gavin a kid

I don't really understand people who say that getting married first is the best option if you have kids... marriage really doesn't mean much these days, especially in a world where divorces are becoming just as common as break ups. it's not her fault for not getting married to him first. it seems like she made a good decision not marrying him, seeing as what a douchebag he is.plus, break ups don't cost as much as divorces

90- what does blood have to do with it? only person he's related to here is his child, not the OP.

CateXOX 0

104- There are so many things I disagree with in your comment I don't know where to start. Boyfriend of 4 years. They could have just had a baby. OP could be 30 years old for all you know. Why should they get married if they (thought they) were in a stable, committed relationship? Yes, if OP's ex was always this immature they should have waited before having a baby, but sex before marriage is their decision, and a path most people take now.

badbe 0

I doubt that's the real reason.

I agree. But whatever the reason is, he's not worth you for leaving you behind with such a lame excuse.

should've made him put a ring on it girl -_- and with a baby too? come on now

phreshboi 1

but what I don't understand, is why people have babies when your not even married.

Maybe the baby was an accident, and they're not ready for marriage. Or maybe marriage just isn't their thing.

jamila123 5

Babies don't just accidentally happen.. Only immature people have babies when they are not ready. There is such a thing as condoms and many other forms of birth control..

No matter what planning you do youre never fully 'ready' for a child because each child is different as is each pregnancy. Granted a 16 year old having a baby is different then a 28 year old having a baby age doesnt always mean maturity.

Also abortion is still legal people but obviously too late for that. FYL

aeshleyrose 6

hahaha I almost fell off of my chair laughing at that braindamage... wow thanks for the chuckle.

Not true, I was using birth control and still fell pregnant. An accident doesn't necessarily make that person immature.

Op fault for getting a baby before marriage

jennifer93 0

So it sounds like it was a good loss anyway!! onto the next one

I would agree If 1. it hadn't been a four year relationship 2. there hadn't been any children

jennifer93 0

well...true I guess, but if he'd leave her for a reason as childish and stupid as that, why would she want him around anyway?

bingababe 16

Kids are never a good reason for staying together. The children are better off in a single parent home than in a hostile one. OP will be better off on her own than with a wank who puts his mates first. If it was a bull shit excuse then she's still better off...who wants to be with a pussy who can't man up and tell the truth??? All the child would learn from this dick is that women deserve to be treated like dirt. Good riddance I say OP!!

Not many would agree with you there #85 but I do. My mum used to throw stuff at my dad (plates, knives, whatever) I was relieved when they broke up!

bingababe 16

Well thanks! My childhood was similar and the constant arguments and violence turned my younger sister in to a nervous wreck! It's just not healthy for children to grow up in a family where one or both of the parents are unhappy.

I also agree with 85 - just because you have a kid together doesn't mean you have to put up with major bullshit. Don't worry OP you'll meet someone worth your time.

funnyFMLSplz 0

I feel for all of you guys. I was happy when my parents finally shut the **** up and divorced but still am sad about it.

CateXOX 0

Your boyfriend should have been more dedicated to you than his "drinking friends".

cldean24 4

Since you don't even know that they are called drinkin buddies, it is no wonder you don't understand their dedication. -_-

EvilDave 13

She didn't care if he was more dedicated to her than his drinking buddies BEFORE she had his kid, so why should she care now?

lulututu 4

Because now they have a kid together, idiot. Please don't have kids. It seems like you would be a horrible father.

VinegarStrokes 0

161 since sarcasm and humor seem to elude the minute synapses within your brain I suggest that YOU do not procreate so as not to disturb the delicate balance of society by raising a child in your likeness.

mylifesucksserio 15

i doubt it, like all other guys hes just scared of commitment

Jorcar 8

ALL other guys you say? Sounds pretty sexist to me.

You can't throw all guys into that category, and if every guy were like lots of girls out there who are planning a wedding after the second date, the divorce rate would be even higher than it already is. That said, OP's boyfriend should either be ready to commit or have gotten out of the relationship a long time ago. She may have used their kid together to guilt him into staying with her, which I believe would make her deserve it.

mylifesucksserio 15

its just an exaggeration ma'am, im sure there are plenty of nice guys who are willing to commit out there.

Oh, I guess having a child together isn't supposed to be a commitment. Also, best friend shmest shmiend. He's leaving the OP for that guy and was too much of a coward to confess her that he was gay.

perdix 29

Yeah, guys who regale their drinking buddies with hilarious stories of minivans, diapers and poop often get booed off stage and sent home. He just wants to be a fun guy, and you don't need a fungi in your life right now.

Tell him that his best friend will end up tying him down.

hmmm but perhaps he's not into bondage? hence the breakup? ^_^