By whyme - 13/07/2011 05:40 - United States

Today, I told my boyfriend his shirt and pants did not match and that he should change for dinner. All my belongings are now on the sidewalk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 658
You deserved it 41 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

looks like he thought your belongings didn't match his house

I always trust a girls sense of fashion. lol. They typically know what they are talking about.

Comments

I sense that someone's a little sensitive to fashion critiquing.

tsume24 3

perhaps if you didn't impose bitchy rules about what attire to wear for dinner he wouldn't retaliate by kicking you to the curb.

Sounds like the straw that broke the camel's back.

this is exactly what I was thinking..most people wouldn't break up with someone over one little thing like this..ur probly one of those girls that tries to micro manage everything he does and he got sick of it. I never tell my boyfriend how to dress, it's not that big of a deal.

ReynshineCutting 10

It's not a big deal if someone dresses like shit? I definitely don't micromanage my man but I'll be damned if I let him walk out of the house in clothes that look like shit. In the 3 years I've been with him, I've gotten him to wear (and like) clothes he said he'd never wear. When we met it was all Metallica tshirts and jeans. Now he wears polo shirts and khakis and for nice occasions, button downs with ties and slacks. He also has Affliction (and of brand) tshirts to wear for more casual stuff. There's nothing wrong with expecting your partner to look presentable. Obviously though there's more to why OPs boyfriend dumped her than just this.

uhm... we don't care? We don't really wanna know about your boyfriends wardrobe, but thanks for sharing! ://

Sounds like RC's boy toy has no balls. Seriously, you're a bitch.

Flutist 3

There is nothing wrong with Metallica shirts. It must be preference because I think people who wear Affliction too much look like posers. I say this because most of the time they either 1) have a girlfriend who thinks it is super cute and they HAVE to wear it or 2) they are tools who cut me off in traffic in their huge ass trucks and then laugh about it. Not everyone who wears Affliction is like this but I live in So Cal so it ends up being douchenozzles from L.A. who treat people like the shit on their shoe. #102, you shouldn't date someone and then try to change them. I understand if he was trying to wear Metallica to a wedding, but I hope you paid for all his Affliction shirts since you insist he wear them. Did you make him pay for a whole new wardrobe? That is a bitchy thing to do. You don't enter a relationship thinking of how to make-over the guy. Men are not living rooms. I dated a guy who wore old band shirts, steal toed boots and ratty jeans. The only time I EVER controlled his dressing was at the wedding we attended for my aunt, but my parents said since we invited him they would pay for his tux. Other than that, I loved the person in the clothes and as long as his shirts weren't racist or offensive (like his brother's always were), was a kind, loving person, what the hell do clothes matter.

ReynshineCutting 10

No he has them. He likes the way he looks now. He looks like a man now instead of a high school boy (he's 25 so it was definitely needed) and he's thankful for it. There's nothing wrong with it. If I dressed like a slob I'd expect him to say something to me about it.

Flutist 3

RC, that is the problem. YOU think he dressed like a high school boy. Yes, dressing professionally is needed but the way you said it made you sound like a mega bitch. And no, he is allowed to dress like a High School boy if he wants.

ReynshineCutting 10

We paid for it all together since we pay for everything together. There's nothing wrong with Metallica shirts but there's a time and a place for them. Going out to a nice dinner is not one of them. He actually started buying Affliction shirts right before I met him since he thinks they're cool and is into MMA. I just encouraged that further. I did force his first polo on him though because he had a job interview and I would not let him wear a tshirt to it. Now he loves them and has a whole closet full even though he said he'd never be caught dead in one. I'm sorry you're in SoCal. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy :(

Flutist 3

If you had said it THAT way then it wouldn't sound like you were Op. Anyways, yea, I am getting out of here ASAP.

Brain washed. That's all im gonna say.

ReynshineCutting 10

What's wrong with polos and khakis? They look nice.

Flutist 3

Nothing, but they tend to be viewed as "old men wear." Also, not all guys like khakis and not all girls like khakis on guys. I personally think it looks like they are wearing a uniform and I prefer casual clothing. Also, I would never force someone to wear "nice clothes" unless they wanted to because it gives them the same amount of right to put me in heels and skirts, which I refuse to wear, not even for someone I loved. I trip in them and they hurt my heels (I have flat feet) and its not how I was raised.

ReynshineCutting 10

I think your age could have some to do with it too. When I was in high school I didn't care, but when I got out into the world everything changed. With how I was raised, polos and jeans or polos and khaki shorts are the casual clothes lol. I'm good with jeans and nice tshirts (like the Affliction shirts) for casual outings. I just don't like the grungy faded "one style fits all" sort of tshirts.

Flutist 3

It has nothing to do with age and more to do with how a person grows up.

what's wrong with metallica tshirts and jeans??

khakis and polos are BORING! I would never date a guy who wore khakis and polos outside of work. l0l!

Oscuddly 0

you're just an ugly bitch with a pony as your picture. sad thing is, you probably look like it.

Symmetry88 0

Today, I invited my girlfriend to dinner, and with a sense if charm as great as mine, she said yes. Then she rudely told me that what I was wearing did not match, it had angered me simply because everyone else greatly commented on my clothes. I then realized how bad I looked, and a few moments after that I realized I was gay. So I threw her stuff out on the sidewalk, now I'm eating dinner alone getting no ass, or penis. FML

Tell him to grow a pair... If this guy can't take some constructive criticism then he won't get far in life

He DID grow a pair: he decided not to take any more crap from her.

SoccerRebel594 0

I get this feeling that peashout doesn't get the chance to grow a pair because he just can't get a girl...or they come so infrequently that he lets them walk all over him. Maybe it's time to grow a pair and get out of your mom's basement. Go meet a real girl, not a pixelized one.

sarahmcgeee 5

why does it matter if they match? that's what makes guys guys, and us girlfriends awesome. we look extremely hot compared to them

Matching? I didn't realize that men were required to wear matching clothes. That is usually excused by society. YDI for introducing a foreign term such as "matching clothes" and probably acting like a superior being towards him due to your "advanced fashion knowledge."

"Fashion knowledge" is a too-common oxymoron.

Should have just let him dress however he felt comfortable. Unless he was in a clown suit, then I understand.