Awkward

By notmyfam - 09/09/2016 07:47 - Australia - Chester Hill

Today, my boyfriend stood me up. At dinner with his parents. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 576
You deserved it 1 041

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Use the embarrassing stories that they told you about him as payback

Wow. Just... Wow. Well, on the bright side, you weren't completely alone. He better have a damn good reason as to why he wasn't able to make it. Sorry, OP.

Comments

Mathalamus 24
Mathalamus 24

its really hard not to show up when there's food.

Use the embarrassing stories that they told you about him as payback

Wow. Just... Wow. Well, on the bright side, you weren't completely alone. He better have a damn good reason as to why he wasn't able to make it. Sorry, OP.

Being stood up doesn't mean you break up with the person. That's a bit extreme.

nykkilynn16 7

Only extreme if it's the first time it's happened. However, I doubt this was the first time that it had happened, or OP would have said something about an accident or such that kept him.

Thankfully I'm not as tolerant of disrespect as you are.

15 - You're one of those people who takes every little slight thing as "disrespect" and flips out, aren't you.

Hopefully, they weren't helicopter parents. Boyfriend's mom, glancing at her husband with a sly smile: "Well, I think the three of us can still salvage the evening!" Boyfriend's dad: "Oh… yes. How'd you feel about coming back to our place, watching a little NetFlix, and just seeing where the night takes us?"

I don't think that's what a helicopter parent is. That sounds more like a bad "dad joke"

I was joking that OP's parents weren't helicopter parents who didn't stop at simply overseeing their child's life—taking it further by intervening when they realized one of their son's dates was going awry and trying to complete it themselves.

Helicopter parent: n. a parent who takes an overprotective or excessive interest in the life of their child or children. I was joking about them taking it one step further and actually intervening in their child's life. But, by all means, ignore this post like the one before it.

Perhaps they could recommend a brother or a nephew who would be a better boyfriend.

Well at least you and his parents had something, I mean... someone to talk about... If this happened to me, I'd die and then kick his ass. Lol

Muskrat777 13

Is it because you use sentance fragments?