By holyshitbatman - 09/11/2012 04:53 - United States - Toledo

Today, I started dating a seemingly normal guy. Not even four hours into our relationship, he began telling me that he can see spirits, dead people, and that I have a large black dog following me everywhere I go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 917
You deserved it 3 019

Same thing different taste

Top comments

theycallmejadeee 8

I'd be more worried about the "black dog" following you.

Comments

Black dog means something awful will happen. According to J.K.Rowling, that is. (I'm pretty sure she didn't make it up herself, though). Don't go into this relationship, OP. It's apparently bothering you, since you posted FML about this, and after a few hours you don't have anything that'd hold you back from leaving.

tj5810 21

I believe that some people can see things like that. Send him my way, I have some questions!!

I'd rather have the big black dog following you around ... at least you'll have protection from the weirdos you seem to attract! (Hopefully, the big black dog is a German Shepherd :-))

blcksocks 19

Its terrible if OP was ever known as a big black dog

I wouldn't be too worried. The dog is probably your godfather.

Well I hope you were nice to him - that kind of thing isn't easy to live with. And it doesn't matter if you believe him or not. Can you imagine seeing these kinds of things everywhere, whether real or imagined, and worse having no-one believe and support you? Not very fun.

perdix 29

I hope it's a Black Labrador, because they're adorable and smart. It's good that it's apparently imaginary, because imaginary dog food and vet bills are much cheaper than real ones. This guy could be a keeper if he can run down the dead people who owe you money.

if only this spirit-viewer could run down the living who owe me money, I would be up 2 grand right now! Or, perhaps someone, somewhere is aware of this, watching my every move through a looking-glass and enjoying the humors of my misfortune too much to influence my path in life. Ah, what a life that must be for some lucky spirit..

I wonder if he thought hard about it before telling you... Especially after a mere 4 hours.

Maybe he wanted to be clear with her from the start so he didn't have to tell her when they got serious and he was invested in the relationship and risk her freaking out then?

doritoninja 4

No matter what anyone here says about the dog being protection, it's not true. My comment will undoubtedly get buried, but at least I tried. The dog is a grim, or a sign of bad things to come. Usually death. Maybe not you, but someone you love. And breaking up with this guy will not remove the grim. It will just mean one less person that can see it. Go ahead, call me crazy, call me a lunatic or retarded, but I've said my piece.

You aren't the only one to state this but you did go into greater detail. So far, it appears people are aware of this grim outlook, including myself.

perdix 29

You won't get thumbed down. Your longwindedness gained you some TL;DR Protection.

hayyad 7

Yeah black dogs are a bad sign. I have nightmares of black dogs or animals in general attacking me but I always fight back or kill them in the nightmare. It means someone is harming you or trying to harm you.

Mr25_fml 14

That's pretty Sirius, don't you think? I wonder how Harry the dog is. Maybe it was Fluffy.