By Username - 19/06/2011 09:51 - Australia

Today, I saw myself on the news. I was one of the random passers by they had filmed for their story on the "Fat Epidemic." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 685
You deserved it 25 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least the news reporter didn't say, "Oh my! A wild snorlax appeared!"

MasterL 3

sorry about that buddy :' (

Comments

shift_love 13

genuinely surprised to see that this didn't come out of the us. but I guess our fat epidemic is old news lol

If you don't want to exercise in public, save some money for some gym equipment and take daily walks.

mattmadden 0

Well "phat" with a "ph" means cool.

if your in public they can video tape yo so during is out of the question and they don't legally need your consent. defiantly hit the gym though.

first, this should tell you something second, the television doesn't always lie when it comes to being overweight because everybody is more than aware about it, they just choose to ignore it and do nothing about it third, they did invent this incredible place that is designed to build muscle and LOSE WEIGHT... its known as the gym. You could always walk it off or ride a motorbike. I lost so much weight just from riding a motorbike, now most people don't think it's possible, but this is my only form of exercise by choice, because you do so many things with your body just to stay balanced, and I've been riding for 21 years, and I'm all muscle now because of it. Give it a try! Plus it's fun!! A regular mountain bike will do also, but motorbikes are more fun and you get to be in one awesome community!

vlcardenx3 0

Wow you guys are mean :( . Srsly, in some countries, fat is beautiful . It's sad that in the US, society has made it seem that you have to be skinny (yez, I'm aware this isn't from the US) . You guys are no help by saying "lose weight, problem solved" . I'm sry for what happened OP . FYL

so you're saying that it's okay to have health risks and a higher risk of diabetes and everything that goes along with being overweight? I understand that it's beautiful, my wife used to be overweight, but she lost all that weight due to the potential health risks and now that she's lost the weight, she feels like the top of the world.

vlcardenx3 0

I didn't say it was okay to have bad health risks, but ppl shouldn't just assume the OP is lazy and eats their feelings . It could be a side effect of a medical condition, or genetic, or anything . I'm against stereotyping and it's sad that many ppl do thay .

Quite frankly, they aren't stereotypes when they are true, not to say that it goes for everybody, but its more common than not. My dad has worked in the health industry since before I was born, I grew up understanding that it's not healthy to be overweight and I was overweight for a good chunk of my life from my moms side, and I lost all the weight. Yeah, it could be a medical condition, but those can be controlled, and can still lose weight with the condition. You can lose weight even if it comes from genetics. She might have had something happen in her life that has made her eat her feelings to a certain degree. What gets me is that OP is sounding "unsatisfied" per se, with their body, and if their unsatisfied, than they should fix it the healthy way. No matter what the cause of OP's weight is, there really isn't a way of saying that it's entirely healthy to be overweight, I experienced it first hand and watching my wife. The people shouldn't assume, thats true, but given that it's written in words, a reader can put it in any context they want and automatically assume causes, and there really isn't a way of getting around that unless OP had written an explanation.

It is scary to think some people find obesity beautiful.

true. I find it's only okay, if they're willing to accept their body, but how many obese people are actually willing to accept their body? deep inside they aren't.

I think consent is only needed to show your face.