By auntoftheyear - 10/08/2011 04:46 - United States

Today, I saw my brother's pregnant girlfriend smoking. Disgusted, I asked him why he didn't just stab her in the uterus and get it over with. He laughed like it was a joke, then cussed because he spilled his cereal. He's more concerned about spilled cereal than having a brain-damaged child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 336
You deserved it 10 057

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohjessica 11

Some parents are unfortunately like that.

actually the whole smoking during pregnant wont cause brain damage, but other health issues like asthma bronchitis, emphazema, but not brain damage., Alcohol on the other hand been proven to cause many many diferent brain anomolies in the womb and even after birth...

Comments

sailorguy 2

If my sister was like you, I'd stab her.

OP, it is none of your damn business what she does. It is better for her to continue smoking and just slow down rather than quit all together and put the stress on the baby. How do I know? Information given straight from the obgyn.

cstarr 4

OP you are a hateful person. You obviously don't care about the health of the baby if you suggested stabbing mommy in the tummy cause she smokes. Just shut-up and mind your own business.

OP this is your issue. The anti smoking lobby raves on and on. Yet alcohol and obesity while pregnant causes the biggest long term issues for the child once it's born. That and no boundaries or low level 'they'll learn manners at school' parenting.

Fr00z3rm4n 0

actually a friend of mine who recently had a child told me her doctor said quitting smoking abruptly while pregnant could actually put stress on the baby by changing the mother's regular stress levels and heart rate so it's better to cut back than try to quit

I will say she was smoking 1 cigarette, so? Did you know that a women who doesn't smoke at all and a women who smokes 5 cigarettes or less a day their babies test the same... Idiots who judge right away. I smoked it was the only thing that kept me from puking my son was two weeks over due I was induced and he was 8 lbs 10ounces... He's healthy with no breathing problems and definitely no brain damage... Oh and a doctor will also tell you if you were already smoking before the pregnancy do not just quit it can shock the fetus that can hurt the child more then smoking. People need to get facts straight.

Yes, smoking during a pregnancy is bad for the unborn, but so is being overweight, stress, alcohol, certain vitamins and so on... But frankly, a patronising reaction like yours is almost as sick-making, asking why they don't stab the uterus? Everyone is entitled to make there own mistakes and I do hope that when you'll ever be pregnant, you'll have a healthy BMI (less than 22), take a lot of rest (18hrs/day), don't drink alcohol nor gatorade-ish stuff and eat healthy all day long. But somehow, I doubt it....

monnanon 13

wieght and lack of rest will not do as much damage as smoking unless you are seriously overwieght. Rest and diet are different for everyone aswell. I am a firm believer in eating what your body tells you when you are pregnant because its usually something you need. Smoking however causes the same damage to everyone. I do agree with the comment about being told that quitting is harmful to the baby but quiting should still be the goal if you are going to be a new parent even if its just until the baby is older. Smoke in a house increases the chance of cot death too.

What a horribly crude, narrow-minded, plain out rude and violent way to butt in. Sugesting she stops in one thing -and also, not your choice- this is just being mean. Also, before you judge, think about yourself, and whether you don't have a single bad habit.