By thatfatkid - 10/08/2011 05:48 - United States

Today, I told my mom I wanted to try out for the track team. Her exact words were "good luck, fatty". FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 769
You deserved it 6 702

Same thing different taste

Comments

Diets are so silly. Just eat healthy and go for walks or something. Dieting is just delaying eating healthy.

I think she's already trying out for the track team. soooooo does she really need a diet?

eating healthy is only a diet if you do it for a period of time, if you are changing it permanently it's just called being healthy.

Just do Discus.... Then all you have to do is throw. And you make the team.

Probably a better idea than just going on a diet would be also to invest in some exercise equipment. I'm not talking treadmills and that - hell, some pretty cheapo dumbells or something would do. And keep them in a place where OP can see them a lot. Pretty likely it will motivate the kid to use them rather than lamenting about having wasted money on them. Build is no indicator of physical ability.

Hell it's simple things. Once I got driving o got lazy n gained some. All I started doing was walking to/from work(about 40 mins each way) and I lost 30lbs.

diets are bad... just exercise and eat healthy.

I stay in shape by eating very unhealthy and working out. It's genius.

Just exercise a whole lot and diet only if you have to

chell1894 13
iluvboobies 9

The very track thing can help you lose weight, OP. Go for it. It is astonishing though how many FMLs are about people who are absolutely unfit to be parents. Way to be supportive and helpful. Don't let it bring you down, OP.

Uh, maybe all of you morons will realize that no matter what you eat, healthy or otherwise, it is still "your diet." The way you suggest this person should diet is wrong because they already are dieting. The diet in question just isn't a healthy one.

Uh, maybe all of you morons will realize that no matter what you eat, healthy or otherwise, it is still "your diet." The way you suggest this person should diet is wrong because they already are dieting. The diet in question just isn't a healthy one.

bthomas0319 2

The mom shouldn't have said "Good job honey I KNOW you will do good because you are in tip top shape!" Now the mom will be able to say "I told you so" when the girl comes home crying saying she didn't make the team!

Awww how nice is your mom for encouraging you

je_suis_fml 11

I know I didn't think that though much.

smileyysss 0

well look at you!! your picture is fries!! now i suggest you you appologize or my foot mmeets a new friend. And that friends your ass. GET A LIFE ********!!

Nothing like a bit of loving encouragement to get you motivated.....

Weetart 8

That's true, Op can always use her mother's doubts against her joining the track team as motivation to run. I was on the track team all through high school, and when I felt like I was literally going to die; I thought about all those people that pissed me off; and I keep going as if my legs weren't about to fall off.