By auntoftheyear - 10/08/2011 04:46 - United States

Today, I saw my brother's pregnant girlfriend smoking. Disgusted, I asked him why he didn't just stab her in the uterus and get it over with. He laughed like it was a joke, then cussed because he spilled his cereal. He's more concerned about spilled cereal than having a brain-damaged child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 336
You deserved it 10 057

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohjessica 11

Some parents are unfortunately like that.

actually the whole smoking during pregnant wont cause brain damage, but other health issues like asthma bronchitis, emphazema, but not brain damage., Alcohol on the other hand been proven to cause many many diferent brain anomolies in the womb and even after birth...

Comments

ohjessica 11

Some parents are unfortunately like that.

This FML isn't funny or anything. I actually felt a little dead inside when I read this.

My Aunty purposely smoked to keep the baby small. She's also over 40 so there's even more risks.

Rick_S 3

Shame on her for suggesting that killing the baby is better than smoking. Shame on her for being nasty about it. Good for her for caring about the health of the baby. If she really cared, she might have suggested a way that she could help the mother quit. But to suggest that the father stab the mother in the uterus, killing both baby and mother, is uncalled for, and nasty!

parents always smoked back in the day when they were prego.

At least you tried OP to do the right thing

liggity 1

Except quiting smoking abruptly is dangerous for the baby also because they are already addicted, and offering to kill the baby and mom is kinda twisted.

daysgoby902 6

you do realize our grandparents smoked right?

I think OP was just using a rather macabre piece of sarcasm to show that what the mother was doing was wrong, I doubt OP was actually suggesting double homicide.

monnanon 13

Mine didnt smoke when she was pregnant

je_suis_fml 11

54- that would explain why our parents are so ****** up. Well... at least judging from these FMLs written about parents. *raises eyebrows*

By the way, you're DEFINITELY not "auntoftheyear." You should be "auntthatnobodylikes."

Vash_41288 10

Not just theirs but the baby who can't do anything about it as well!

TheDrifter 23

But that baby's not really a person yet. The day the mother can no longer legally kill it that bundle of cells will become a person. Op needs to relax and leave her anti tobacco hatemongering behind. Humans have smoked for more than a millennia and the species is doing just fine.

Yes we have only killed each other on an unimaginable level, polluted and destroyed the earth, have caused so many animals to go extinct and brought the song FRIDAY into the world....

TheDrifter 23

Exactly. Despite our best efforts at population control, some of my favorites being on your list, the human population keeps going up along with the average intelligence. Don't believe me? Every generation we come up with more and more effective methods of self destruction, proof Darwinism is working.

Some people just don't deserve the right to be a parent

Yes, like the parents of the youth rioters I'm London!

no,not **** your life- **** theirs! you as a concerned aunt did your best to help.

actually the whole smoking during pregnant wont cause brain damage, but other health issues like asthma bronchitis, emphazema, but not brain damage., Alcohol on the other hand been proven to cause many many diferent brain anomolies in the womb and even after birth...

Actually smoking while pregnant restricts the oxygen supply to the baby which can cause brain damage..

Perhaps it was something other than a cigarette as well?

The truth is that the stimulant properties of nicotine on a gestational brain causes IPSPs and EPSPs to go awry (excitation and inhibition of the neurons) in areas that govern attention/working memory. As a result, smoking while pregnant has a extremely high association with Attention Deficit Disorder ADD (in-attentive subtype). Trust me on this one...

Really. So why weren't all our parents diagnoised with adha? Feed your kids veggies and walk them to school rather than over medicate. Smoking for 9mths vrs drug taking for life.

alwaysrockin711 3

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'd rethink that statement if I were you. *than

cc_the_beast 6

My Mum smoked till she was 5 months with me (don't be hatin, she didn't know she was preggers) they thought I'd be underweight. I was and still am quite tall for a girl, and I would like to think pretty intelligent. Not condoning it tho, my cousins kids had alot of problems from their mum smoking.

Anecdotal evidence is the worst kind of evidence and doesn't mean shit. You were just lucky.

Time to put rat poison in his cereal. That will show him.....

yomommma 6

Well neither is laughing about smoking while pregnant. What goes around comes around.

Well neither is laughing about smoking while pregnant. What goes around comes around.

OP needs to understand how important cereal really is. When I was in Nam, I got my legs blown off by artillery rounds. Luckily our commander had a box of honey bunches of oats on him, and he gave it to me. Now I'm a doctor.

Hi_I_am_Q 0

HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS FLASHBACK!!!!!