By auntoftheyear - 10/08/2011 04:46 - United States

Today, I saw my brother's pregnant girlfriend smoking. Disgusted, I asked him why he didn't just stab her in the uterus and get it over with. He laughed like it was a joke, then cussed because he spilled his cereal. He's more concerned about spilled cereal than having a brain-damaged child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 336
You deserved it 10 057

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohjessica 11

Some parents are unfortunately like that.

actually the whole smoking during pregnant wont cause brain damage, but other health issues like asthma bronchitis, emphazema, but not brain damage., Alcohol on the other hand been proven to cause many many diferent brain anomolies in the womb and even after birth...

Comments

You're right. Shame on her for caring about the health of an unborn baby.

Rick_S 3

How, exactly, is this FyourLife? It's not your baby, it's not your problem. Millions (yes, you read that right) of women smoke through pregnancy. My wife tried to quit, but couldn't, and ended up smoking through all three of "our" pregnancies. All three kids are fine. Last school year, two of them ended the year with overall B averages and the other had straight A's. My son is on track to be an Eagle Scout, and my two daughters are both working towards their Gold Award in Girl Scouts. How, exactly, would it have been better if I had stabbed my wife in her uterus? Yes, smoking is bad for woman and the un-born baby. Yes, you and your baby are much, much better off if you quit. I won't try to deny that. But given the choice between smoking through a pregnancy and either 1) stabbing the mother in the uterus as you suggest, or 2) having you as my child's Aunt, I'll take the smoking every time.

That must have been some damn good cereal.

shut up moron. just because a mother smokes while pregnant doesn't mean the baby is have brain damaged.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

OP, you sound like a bitch. And a total drama queen. Mind your own friggin business, and quit being so damn melodramatic. I'd swear if I spilled my cereal too. Who wouldn't? Doesn't make anyone an asshole. I'm guessing if your brother took your extremely inappropriate statement as a joke, you're normally like this all the time.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

The **** did I say that was inappropriate?

sweetbabysweet93 10

You're overly dramatic. And in no way are u an aunt of the year. So get over yourself

Some doctors actually advise pregnant mothers NOT to quit, depending on how much they smoke. My aunt is a 2-3 pack a day smoker, and was told that trying to quit would put so much stress on her and her unborn baby that it would be safer for her to just cut down.

jazziness 12

38- I think you forgot the part about where she told her brother to stab his girlfriend in the uterus.

elliana0717 0

If the mother was already a smoker before the pregnancy, quitting cold turkey could stress her too much and cause her to miscarry. She should definitely cut down. This is what I had to do. In fact, my dr specifically told me not to quit. Rather to cut down slowly and then try to quit. To reduce the risk of miscarrying.

sweetbabysweet93 10

It's their life and tier child so it's their decision. Geez