By Tom - 26/06/2009 00:56 - United States

Today, I rushed home to tell my parents my girlfriend had accepted my proposal. They asked how I could be so selfish at a time like this. Apparently, Michael Jackson's death is more important than their son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 862
You deserved it 6 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, MJ's death was big news but family comes first.

Congrats! Soon you'll have a new family anyway.

Comments

Wow all the people saying they agree with his parents can burn in hell...

lakevillesouthco 1

totally agree... I don't see how ANYONE could read this and say that it's an "YDI."

lancerevo 0

I gotta say that is ****** up but I mean we are talking about MJ here

ithedarkknight 0

um you getting married then most likely getting divorced in a couple years... over one of the best muscians of all time passing away...hmmm which one to choose...

Are you for real? Really? Wow. You need a life but quick. @OP - congrats on the engagement to you and your fiancee. Please don't take any notice the MJ hubbub. It's ridiculous for that to override your happiness.

ElMundio87 0

you must have a very sad life if that's your view of marriage.

Wtf?? Michael jackson hasnt done anything recently but be a freaky pedophile!! You can still hear all of his old songs!! Its not like they all get deleted because he died! And he wasnt doing anything new so who gives a ****??? Get a life people!!!

You didnt hear about his 'This is it!' farewell concerts then no?

dude don't even go there, your speaking about such acts that went unproven, that whole pedophile crap was probably complete bullshit, you have no hard, groundbreaking proof of such an act so don't jump to that issue, and as for him doing anything new, he was about to go on another concert tour which probably would have led to another album making that most likely would have been his last.

yazzih 0

are you serious.. that was back in the ******* early 90's and he was proven innocent. Stop letting your ignorance get in the way that Michael Jackson is ******* a legend.

ohhhhshizzz 0

Dude, he was like the start of boy bands. Hell he is probably the start they have girl bands too. He started every ******* thing. He might not have been that sane but what musical genius, no scratch that what artistical genius is sane?

laurisshnazzy 0

Uh, clearly #15 was born way past the Michael Jackson era, has no idea that he should thank MJ for starting music videos and initiating tons of other developments in the musical industry since his prime, AND is too ignorant to understand that the "King of Pop" overrules any of his other titles, including "freaky pedophile", which is an old charge anyway. MJ was so close to making a comeback, too, I could tell. :( OP, fyl. Bad timing FTL.

oh ffs, what an inconsiderate fool you are! don't honour him as the "paedophile". honour him for what he contributed to the music industry. honour him for the music he created & brought to the world, you jerk! how dare you speak of him like this when the poor man has just passed away. RIP Michael Jackson. You were an absolute legend to the music industry & your music will live on

Some of y'all sound like you'd have been sending your little kids over to sleep with him.

#29: Early 90's? Seriously?? Look it up- 2005.

#39 actually the beatles started music videos as we know them today. but mj turned them into movie-like things

Just cause he hasnt done anything recently doesnt mean he hasnt done amazing things in the past. he helped so many people, and children in need around the world. if you dont know what your talking about shut your mouth.

Actually, he was in the middle of touring when he died. Seeing him live would have been an amazing experience.

You caused his death you ass. God's little way of saying "Dont marry her"

congrats on the proposal but now you'll always have the same anniversary as 'the death of the King of Pop' haha that makes it even more of an FYL

glompable 19

Haha, I was just thinking of that. That'll be a great first anniversary.

not necessarily, it's not like they are getting married today... they will probably wait many months.

lovelykendra5 0

I wouldn't marry her now. That's a sign. Oh, and MJ is more important.

People shouldnt proportion their grief based on fame, so a big congratulations to you!

To be fair, michael jackson is delicious