By Tom - 26/06/2009 00:56 - United States

Today, I rushed home to tell my parents my girlfriend had accepted my proposal. They asked how I could be so selfish at a time like this. Apparently, Michael Jackson's death is more important than their son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 863
You deserved it 6 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, MJ's death was big news but family comes first.

Congrats! Soon you'll have a new family anyway.

Comments

AdamGD yes, who gives a crap? IF HE WAS NOT A CELEBRITY YOU WOULD NOT GIVE BS ABOUT HIM.

wow 2 MJ posts in one day! but yeah your parents were jerks if they think a pop star they didn't personally know is more important than their own kid. any ways congrats!

natefig 0

To all you ignorant douschebags who wanna disrespect Micheal Jackson... Even though there are rumors... it doesn't necessarily mean their true... so instead of being dicks and falsely believing some media related bullshit... try embracing him for the revolutionary impact he had on the whole ******* WORLD... his performing status... new and old... affected lives of EVERYONE... even kids TODAY still listen to his music and watch his videos... and even if you take his performing status away... that's someones LIFE you're disrespecting... if you died... would you want to be called horrible in this life for some bullshit rumor people just so happened to believe?... honestly... think before you speak... or even better... don't speak at ALL... assholes... OP: FYL definatly... No one deserves that kind of treatment when they get engaged... Even if a legend dies... family first...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That sucks. Congrats, and I second the people that said don't invite them because apparently you were being "selfish".

ohhdamn 0

It doesn't matter what mj did, kids should come first. Especially the major moments, his parents are ******* *****. Stop arguing about mj okay. It's not going to bring him back or justify his death.

hawaiianxpunchx3 0
dlmurphy 0

I understand that Michael Jackson had an enormous impact on the world, but the ops parents really ****** up. Calling their son selfish for proposing to his now fiance is just wrong regardless of whether Michael Jackson died or not. Also if Michael Jackson was as good a person as a lot of people say he is then he definitely wouldn't want someones parents repremanding their son for making one of the biggest and happiest decisions of their life regardless if it was the day he died or not. I'm sure if he's as good a person as everyone thinks then if he could come back from the dead to congradulate the op then he would. I know if i died famous or not i wouldn't want people brooding about it and feel all sad and shit. I'd want people to move on.

hawaiianxpunchx3 0

JK. but it is really sad. and have some consideration, your parents were probably fans from the start. my mom cried. and, to everyone, i think we should focus on the times when michael bought joy to everyones lives through his music. not when the media was trying their hardest to destroy him. why dont you walk in his shoes for a while and see how he had to live life. stardom at the age of ten. now i know for sure that contributed to his craziness. so dont judge mj, embrace him and thank god you got a chance to grow up with him and enjoy his music:)

muffinsareyummy 1

ydi for being selfish. the king of pop just died. the world just lost an icon, a legend. how dare you be too caught up in your proposal to even care. pfft. some human being you are.