By Tom - 26/06/2009 00:56 - United States

Today, I rushed home to tell my parents my girlfriend had accepted my proposal. They asked how I could be so selfish at a time like this. Apparently, Michael Jackson's death is more important than their son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 863
You deserved it 6 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, MJ's death was big news but family comes first.

Congrats! Soon you'll have a new family anyway.

Comments

Family always comes first ur parents were directing attention to m.j when he was alive and even more attention when he died your parents are flops ohhh and CONGRATS!! at least some people are happy for you mate xD

lol well look at the bright side your parents will probably always remember the day you told them you were engaged!

I'd disown them for choosing a little boy groping nutcase over me. Maybe they wished you had slept with MJ instead of your GF... The MJ that the world remembers as a talented artist and performer really died decades ago...

Dude, maybe they MADE YOU while listening to MJ. So they were thinking about you. Gawd. Selfish little brat. LOL Just kidding. While it's tragic while anyone dies, family and people that you actually know should be more important. (Not to mention so many babies get raped, beaten, and killed everyday, if they are going to mourn MJ, maybe they should mourn for those poor little babies too )

MSJ91 1

I respect Michael Jackson as an artist and all, but millions of people die each day, most of which had less fulfilling lives than him, so why does everyone show him MORE sympathy? He doesn't deserve it any more than anyone else. So while you're sobbing about the one that got away, you're forgetting about millions of others that may have had a chance.

MJ BROUGHT HAPPINESS TO MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LATELY

L0veh8te 0
chexmixbmx 0

wtf #4. he just proposed and the girl accepted. thats a hell of a lot more important than a rapists death. i agree with #3. soon youl have a new family that will also love you sorry. but congrats on the fianc è

chexmixbmx 0

#88 are you serious. you dont think hes a molester. wow.

what the **** is wrong with people? OK this guy died and it's a sad moment but people will inevitably die. how can you put a celebrity before your family? he was still an "alleged" child molester and if a "suspected" child abuser moved into the neighborhood of any of you mentally challenged celebrity worshiping imbeciles who say it's this persons fault you would want to burn the child abuser's house down. because he's famous and you enjoy his music it's OK because "it was just a plot to get money out of him" and I guess you'll tell me R. Kelly was the victim when he abused the girl he videotaped. IF HE MEANT THAT MUCH SUICIDE WILL REUNITE YOU HALFWITS WITH HIM.