By Tom - 26/06/2009 00:56 - United States

Today, I rushed home to tell my parents my girlfriend had accepted my proposal. They asked how I could be so selfish at a time like this. Apparently, Michael Jackson's death is more important than their son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 863
You deserved it 6 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, MJ's death was big news but family comes first.

Congrats! Soon you'll have a new family anyway.

Comments

FYL, Michael is a legend but ur parents need to set their priorities straight. It's always family before idols :D CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT THOUGH!!!!!! Sit ur parents near the restrooms during the wedding for acting like that! ;)

Michael Jackson is dead, what a loss to society.

whitneyyy 0

wow... that sucks dude :| if my parents were like that, they would have never heard about me again FYL

Wow, if your brother had died instead of Jacko I could see their point (and you too), but it was only a pop singer, and it doesn't matter how fanatic they were, you're their son so you should be more important to them. I'm pretty sure they'll be over it very soon. They are the selfish ones.

it's way bigger than a stupid perposal I mean those happen every second mjs death happens once

xmagicgirlxx 0

i think your proposal is a big deal, dont take it personally. im happy for you.

ArthursLifeSucks 2

HAHA this is the best FYL in a long time. Wacko Jacko's dead and it should not affect them much. He probably faked his death anyways to get an album sales spike.

oh my lordy lord. you sir, are an absolute ignorant twat!! how DARE you say anything like that, you are an absolute tool & its people like YOU who should be dead, not a musical legend like Michael Jackson. he has a family, he has kids. how do you think they feel? & here you are making comments about him faking his death to get an album spike. what an absolutely ignorant and inconsiderate comment to make. ffs, some of the comments here about MJ are UNBELIEVABLE. some of you people need to learn respect & consideration. trust me, it'll take you that one step further in life.

Lexia_fml 0

Yeah, it's US that should be dead, not idiots like you who mourn child molesters? There's no way I'm going to mourn, or even tolerate others mourning, someone accused multiple times of child molestation, someone who dangles babies over balconies, someone who can't accept their own basic skin color. I think #78's right on, if your parents think like that, don't invite them to the wedding.

OH FFS. honour the man for what he has contributed to the music industry. he is the basis of some of the music you listen to. sure he had flaws. massive ones to say the very least. but everyone has flaws. he was in the public eye and yes he did make very stupid mistakes, but i mean, ffs, this is pathetic. don't just remember him for his idiocy. remember him for his music. that is all i'm trying to say. dont like it? STFU & GTFO.

your a douche. one kid was molested... millions of kids were inspired. do the math

so it's ok that a child was molested because think artifaical life form could make you sit on your couch and hug yourself and cry? **** you dude

I remember his music vividly. I hate it. MJ is 0/2 so far in my books.

Slightmisshap 0

#96...you can burn in hell. How dare you suggest that the fact that he "inspired" millions of kids and "only molested one" is ok? He, more likely than not, has ruined that kids life, for he will always be considerered an outcast, uncomfortable with himself, and will have trouble communicating with others. That is the most idiotic thing ive ever read here or anywhere else, and i think you need a serious common sense/reality check before you say anything else in your pathetic little world. Do you understand that? HE DESTROYED A HUMAN BEINGS LIFE. Not to mention his family and friends, who are no doubt confused, upset, and troubled by Micheal Jacksons actions? I will say no more on this subject except that i really hope you get some help. OP, congrats on your marriage, may it be a long, happy and fruitful one. And by the way....FYL.

hanic101 0

Your parents need to learn family comes first. MJ was just a performer.

deliapearl 0

People will be talking about this day forever. Your engagement is even less talk worthy than Farrah 's death. You should of waited to propose