By dileigh - 10/03/2009 18:37 - United States

Today, I received my graduation gift, a bath robe, from my parents. My have two older sisters also graduated. The first one got a Tiffany's bracelet, the second one got a plane ticket to Europe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 240
You deserved it 3 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My parents bought me a suitcase after graduation so I could move all my shit our of their house.

trying_madly 0

how funny, that's what i got for my 18th birthday from my parents, to add to the three i already had. My older brother got a computer. I guess bath robes are the universal sign of parental love.

Comments

I'm with #10. Sucks, but it's the truth.

Sorry, but I clicked "you deserve that one" the economy is tough on people, you sound spoiled. I might be wrong though, in that case ignore me

ineedamint2 0

don't feel too bad my parents paid for 5 years of my sisters college 1 of which she was studying in australia, while still paying rent to an apartment in America and they won't pay for any of mine. Oh and I'm doing a full grade point better than her and am on the track to getting into top PhD programs. She is currently unemployed.

i work full time and go to school full time. i can barely find time to sleep, let alone relax and have fun (its spring break and im pulling 3 doubles this week!) for christmas i asked my parents for help with the rent so that i could cut back on my hours for finals/the first week of winter break. they promised they would, but "forgot" to send the check. because of this, i was over a week late on my rent and had to pay an extra 100 dollars in late fees and can be evicted if it happens again. my 18 year brother who has graduated high school, still lives at home and has never had a job got an ipod touch and a new playstation. parents who play favorites are the worst.

probibly the ressesion money's tight dude, its the thought that counts

whateverd00d 0

I always measure my parents' love for me in the material possessions they give me. It's totally valid and reasonable. YEAH CONSUMERISM

I'm sceptical. Maybe your older two sisters graduated from university, and you (for now) just secondary school. That explains the discrepancy in gift cost...

that would make sense. when my brother graduated from college he got wayyyy more than me but that's because I graduated from high school at the same time.

I'm going with #10. Economy is crap. You gotta be careful with the spendings. I doubt that means they love you less.