By dileigh - 10/03/2009 18:37 - United States

Today, I received my graduation gift, a bath robe, from my parents. My have two older sisters also graduated. The first one got a Tiffany's bracelet, the second one got a plane ticket to Europe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 240
You deserved it 3 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My parents bought me a suitcase after graduation so I could move all my shit our of their house.

trying_madly 0

how funny, that's what i got for my 18th birthday from my parents, to add to the three i already had. My older brother got a computer. I guess bath robes are the universal sign of parental love.

Comments

Agh, the recession is a bitch, isn't it?

recessions a bitch coz if it were a **** it'd be easy ahaha

it's the recession, for sure! BTW, getting a robe is not getting f***ed in my book.

mkb_fml 0

You don't mention whether your sister received a plane ticket BACK FROM europe though.

Yes, I'd like to remind all the kids on here who whine and bitch about what their parents DIDN"T buy them, that a lot of us are struggling just to pay the bills and rent and most parents are struggling to pay their kids school tuition and feed and support them. Big deal, you got a robe. wah wah. How about "thanks mom and dad for supporting me and paying for college even though prices everywhere are rising and you're probably having anxiety attacks at night over how to support everyone" You want a Tiffany Bracelette? GO BUY ONE. My brother and I drove the same car for years - then they decided to get him a Beemer. He hasn't graduated. Was I pissed? NO. I was damn thankful I have a good car to drive anyway and if I want a beemer I know it will be WAY MORE satisfiying to buy myself one. A lot of these FMLs need to WAKE UP and GROW UP and join the real world. Its tough out here. Stop crying over what you aren't given.

Yeah, right. You were pissed that he got the new car rather than you and you know it. And it's not about super expensive gifts, it's about how they were treated better than the OP. Any way you put it, there isn't much thought behind a bathrobe.

Origami86 6

Don't lie #55, you were definitely jealous when your brother got that Beemer. To not be jealous would just be inhuman. I feel like the real reason the posters life is ****** is because their parents obviously favor the other siblings, not the lack of gifts. If the other 2 had gotten bathrobes I doubt they would have posted.

kandy_fml 0

That sucks. Maybe it's just the economy. They don't want to spend a lot of money on something you probably wont need. For my sisters graduation my parents got her a pair of diamond earrings. I don't wear earrings, so I'm pretty curious as to what I'll get when I graduate next year.

#56 is right again, its not about the bath robe. its about the message. they. are. sending. christ. if you buy one child a new car, and the other one is struggling to support themselves through college, in my opnion that basically says "i dont think you are a good enough person to deserve my help" or maybe "you cant ever do anything right, but your sibling can do no wrong" which can really damage a person when they get this feeling from thier parents, who are supposed to love them and care for them unconditionally.

truth_fml 0

**** your parents. Go live your life.

is the bath robe nice? she never mentioned whether it was a really nice bath robe.

spongebobrocks 0

I hate it when parents favorize their children like that... It's slightly implying that they aren't satisfied with how YOU turned out to be (That's kinda their fault, too), so they just pay more attention to the other children. But that's just me *Shrugs*. I have a twin brother and a younger sister, and our mother treats us all the same, absolutely no difference. But I know quite a few people whose parents care for their other kids more.