By dileigh - 10/03/2009 18:37 - United States

Today, I received my graduation gift, a bath robe, from my parents. My have two older sisters also graduated. The first one got a Tiffany's bracelet, the second one got a plane ticket to Europe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 240
You deserved it 3 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My parents bought me a suitcase after graduation so I could move all my shit our of their house.

trying_madly 0

how funny, that's what i got for my 18th birthday from my parents, to add to the three i already had. My older brother got a computer. I guess bath robes are the universal sign of parental love.

Comments

#36 made me rofl. The point isn't that the poster is spoiled, but that s/he was treated worse than (I assume OP is a girl) her sisters. Hopefully it is just the economic crisis, but, coming from someone who is in no way spoiled, this would still suck.

Samantha0001 0

uhmmmm. maybe your parents are going through a rough time with money?? the economy is really bad right now anyways

DeadxManxWalking 27

yet they can still buy expensive stuff.....

omg all my life I've never had a bath robe, I'd gladly take that robe if you dont want it. email me.

*shrugs* At least you got a present. When I graduated, I didn't get anything. When my younger sister graduated two years later, she got multiple gifts... and then a month later the school sent a letter saying that it turns out she didn't have enough credits after all and didn't really graduate. SO she got presents for nothing, and I got no presents. T__T

BigGuy99 0

Ha! My older brother got a brand new car for just trying to go to college. He took 3 classes, dropped 2 of them and failed the other one. He then got a new computer, new apartment, and 100,000 all from our father who "wanted him to succeed since he was the first born". This was about 10 years ago, now my brother's kids live with my parents, while he works at a bar, has his own place to himself, collects comics, games all day and rents out my parents old house to his friends and pockets all of the rent money. He isn't alone though, he added 100-150 pounds to keep himself company. Parents who play favorites SUCK! And when I graduated cum laude from college, (which I paid for all on my own, lived outside of my parents house, took the bus daily, and built my own crappy computer) all i got from my dad was "Well it is about time you finished school." I took 1 semester off to work 2 full time jobs to support myself and not be a burden on my parents. I have now moved out of the USA and am currently living in Australia with a great job and going back to school part time. I honestly hope my father enjoys his spoiled rotten, grand kids who are just like their daddy!

My parents didnt get me anything they lied to me saying they were getting me a cellphone (i didnt have a cellphone) and it was on its way thru the mail and immediately asked me if i wanted a camera phone.. uhh why do you my preferences if its already being sent. they never got me a cellphone once ihad to move over to TX where they made stay wtih my relatives cuz they MADE me go to this college they i didnt really want to go to.. then they MADE me get on my uncle's cellplan and got me on of lame ass free phone... wtf.

for graduation, my oldest sister got a camcorder, my middle sister got nothing, and i got a macbook. :/ i still feel guilty.

0 3

That's how it goes. The plane ticket to Europe was probably a bit much though...

Recession... Speak to them about the disparity without being a brat about it, possibly you will get your real gift when they are in a better financial position.