By dileigh - 10/03/2009 18:37 - United States

Today, I received my graduation gift, a bath robe, from my parents. My have two older sisters also graduated. The first one got a Tiffany's bracelet, the second one got a plane ticket to Europe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 240
You deserved it 3 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My parents bought me a suitcase after graduation so I could move all my shit our of their house.

trying_madly 0

how funny, that's what i got for my 18th birthday from my parents, to add to the three i already had. My older brother got a computer. I guess bath robes are the universal sign of parental love.

Comments

At least you got a graduation present :-(

that really sucks, however you appear to think europe is one country, maybe thats why you got a bath robe... just a thought

yeah that sucks, I know how you feel. When my sister graduated she got $1000 dollars from my mom, dad, and grandparents each... I busted my ass throughout high school to graduate early and get into college right after wards and got a whomping total of $150 and a dinner at my least favorite restaurant... My sister sat on her ass for a year and didn't go to school and blew through her money.. when she then went to school my grandparents are paying for it. I have to pay for mine on my own... definitely not fair at all

sunsetbirds 0

Ok. All of you who are saying that she deserves this because we are in a recession , or that college graduates dont even have to receive gifts , you are all clearly not seeing the absurdity of not rewarding two ******* years of college torture !. I mean mothers and fathers receive gifts every year just for breeding , then theres valentine's days where its expeted to get money out of nowhere to give and give and what for ? Oh right to keep that nasty tongues flicking down your throats , and here we have a typical college graduate , im sure even if your grades are not excellent you have studied your ass off , trying to have a better future and that is not something to celebrate ? Is furthering your career now worthy of saving a little bit as a gesture of " well done my daughter" Im amazed how its perfectly ok to save money for our own little interests , but not for great accomplishments! **** trips to Europe by the way!!

Origami86 6

Two years of college torture ? I don't know which college you are going to but I'm having a blast at mine. And sorry but there is no expectation whatsoever to get or give money on valentines day unless you want to be a sheep. College is not for everyone you know. If you study your ass off and can barely make it then it's pretty clear you are not fit for college. Don't take it the wrong way. Some have it some don't, just like some people can dance or draw or whatever and others can't. And not all successful people are college graduates. Find your element, go for it, stop whining about gifts especially stop comparing yourself to your siblings and live life. keep it real !

playing favorites is not cool. I would definitely confront them, sorry but they gotta realize that it ain't fair!

The tiffany bracelets are so pretty O.O" anyways, give them a pair of ratty slippers.

Something like this happened to me, on my grad and 18 b-day, I got congrats and a cake. 6 months later I got an iPhone 4 on a 3 year contract and 4 years of university tuition... Maybe they are just doing what my parents did

ablounge23 0