By dileigh - 10/03/2009 18:37 - United States

Today, I received my graduation gift, a bath robe, from my parents. My have two older sisters also graduated. The first one got a Tiffany's bracelet, the second one got a plane ticket to Europe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 240
You deserved it 3 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My parents bought me a suitcase after graduation so I could move all my shit our of their house.

trying_madly 0

how funny, that's what i got for my 18th birthday from my parents, to add to the three i already had. My older brother got a computer. I guess bath robes are the universal sign of parental love.

Comments

At least they got you something. Do not stop loving them anyway.

AGr8pretending 0

#81 Holy wow, 14 year olds get laptops? Just wow!

I'm an only child---so I didn't have to deal with this...but I'd have to say I'd be a bit pissed. MonkeySpeaks---whoopie, so you think you're better than all of the people who say they'd be pissed. Big deal. Fact is, OP got ass-raped on thoughts and gifts both. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think..hmm, I got this kid a bracelet, this kid a trip to Europe...I better at least get this kid something decent...but no, a bathrobe? wtf. I'm paying for my car, my education, and by the time I'm done I'll have a DMA--but that's still a load of crap. Playing favorites is stupid--I agree though...get them crappy-ass gifts, or get one a good one, and one something that sucks and see if they even notice.

Wow I really feel bad for you. I mean I would raise hell if something like this were to happen to me, you should definitely talk this out.

christopherlove 0

I agree with #27. Boo ******* hoo, OP. Did you throw the robe on the floor, stomp on it, then run away crying loudly? Whatever happened to "It's the thought that counts?" I guess for some people, it's only the dollar amount that counts. The more money they spend on you, the more they love you? You're going to have a very unhappy life, and you have my pity.

Dear lord, I'm surrounded with self-righteous idiots. I'm not sure I'm better than you, but your ego could be easily deflated, for the better. The OP was at least somewhat sad, but not because her parents didn't buy her a good enough gift. She is sad because her parents apparently favor her sisters over her, and got her a much less significant gift. In fact, I think the FML here is that "it's the thought that counts" - her parents didn't put any sort of thought or significance in the gift.

YDI for saying "a plane ticket to Europe". Europe is a CONTINENT, not a COUNTRY, with many different nationalities and languages. It's about time you Americans start getting that into your head.

Well America is a continent too, not a country. The United States is the name of the country. Technically Canadians and Mexicans are Americans, too.

It... it doesn't matter... that wasn't the point of the FML. The point is it was an international flight.

ziqi92 0

1) we're in recession 2) i'm glad that i'm an only child 3) but u love ur siblings right? 4) didnt ur sisters get u something?

Spoiled brats expect too much shit these days.

Unless it's a gold-woven robe, your parents are retarded and unfair.