By dileigh - 10/03/2009 18:37 - United States

Today, I received my graduation gift, a bath robe, from my parents. My have two older sisters also graduated. The first one got a Tiffany's bracelet, the second one got a plane ticket to Europe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 240
You deserved it 3 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My parents bought me a suitcase after graduation so I could move all my shit our of their house.

trying_madly 0

how funny, that's what i got for my 18th birthday from my parents, to add to the three i already had. My older brother got a computer. I guess bath robes are the universal sign of parental love.

Comments

Well it sucks that some of you take things so personally. While I may not have gotten a beemer I was given at on more freedom. Gee, what do I chose, my own life or being coddled and not trusted to do it on my own. My parents supported me, put me through college and gave me the essentials to live a fulfilling life. They are still my best friends. To answer the question, no, I was not jealous AT ALL when my brother got a car. I have a teriffic car of my own and until any of you youngsters get to feel the satisfaction of working hard to acquire what you want you'll NEVER understand the satisfaction I felt. It feels damn GOOD to buy your own stuff and not have to rely on mommy and daddy for everything. OH and when you becme less materialistic and look who gets what as favoristism you also won't be able to appreciate everything your parents do for you. A lot of you are some spoiled as brats. "wah wah so and so got something and i didn't" Seriously? There are people out there on food stamps and you are whining about receiving a college education (something most people would kill for) because all you got was a robe? How about your parents paid for your education in a society where not having a degree iwll seriously hinder your chances of finding work. The truth is my brother isn't the favorite even though you all would assume so because he got the gift. Im probably the favored child - they just dont feel obligated to hold my hand through life and do what I am perfectly capable of doing on my own. When you are in the real world and worrying about REAL LIFE and not whether you got a bracelette or not you'll understand. Till then, enjoy being spoiled. Cause the downfall? It makes supporting yourself and entering the real world (sorry kids college is NOT the real world) ten times harder and scarier. So you're right. I didn't get the car, but I was taught how to live on my own so Im now enjoying the best, and perhaps poorest, yaers of my life. Its called freedom and responsibility.

We're in the worst recession since the Great Depression. Suck it up.

I voted "you deserved this" because it's a pet peeve of mine that people add "'s" to every business name now. The company is called Tiffany, and there would be an apostrophe before the "s" anyway.

lilai1396 0

sry, just had to point out that the name is Tiffany & Co. so nobody is really saying it right...

I said ydi because I hate when people say Europe rather than the actuall country

flannel 0

my sister got a moped.. i got shampoo and conditioner and about 5 dollars in quarters.

Okay. To all the people who are saying she's spoiled, or she needs to suck it up, YOU need to shut the **** up. She's obviously posting because she's pointing out how her parents play favorites among the kids. Don't sit there and act all perfect when you yourself know good and damn well, if this happened to you you would be PISSED. I know I would be, and I'm not spoiled. It may be the thought that counts, but for God's sake, a trip to ******* Europe vs. a Bath Robe? Get real. Even if she didn't make as good of grades as her sisters, it's still wrong. Playing favorites among your children is very traumatic for said child that's not the favorite. To the poster, I'm sorry. When their birthdays come around, give them shitty gifts, too. Or if you favor one parent more, give one a nice gift and the other a shitty one. Might make them realize something.

Maybe it really wasn't a Tiffany bracelet and possibly they got a discount on the trip to Europe...

I highly doubt that the trip to Europe would have been so discounted that it was the same amount of money as a ******* bath robe...

I'm the oldest kid in the family and I'm not asking my parents for anything. I didn't look for a job during my first 3 years in university (or well, I tried during my first year, but it impacted my grade so I had to quit), so my parents paid for all my tuition. I'm doing better for my final year (with an on-campus job that pays well), so I gave 50% of that money to my parents for the tuition they paid for, and saved the remaining 50% for a trip I've planned after I graduate. I'm not asking them to get me anything either. I'll eventually pay them back the tuition they paid for, too. Well, for your first 2 sisters, did they do better academically? And were you a C student? If that's the case, I don't see anything wrong with you getting the bathrobe.

squeaky_fml 0

It's the recession. Your parents are probably in deep financial shit you don't know about.