By engaged - 29/03/2009 14:03 - United States

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend in the food court at the mall. When she said "yes", the entire food court broke out in applause, and my girlfriend and I were escorted out of the mall for "starting a riot". I never knew clapping was a crime. FML
I agree, your life sucks 114 065
You deserved it 24 222

Same thing different taste

Comments

LOL at #27. At least you know she isn't marrying you for your money.

How romantic of you. Congratulations, nonetheless.

Like everyone said... "a food court?" The last time I saw something of that nature was in NYC at a high-end restaurant. The guy proposed to his GF and she said yes. Similar amount of applause but the entrees were like $30 a plate. Congrats on her saying yes though, just maybe change the venue you're at. Doesn't make good talk to your kids when they're older. "Yeah I proposed to your mom in front of the Taco Bell booth at the local mall. Ah those were the days, carefree. Could order anything from the food vendors that you wished. It was just plastic chairs, tables and utensils for as far as the eye could see. I wasn't even thinking of doing it but seeing your mom holding that Crunchy Gordita in her hands, I just knew she was the one for me so I got down on one knee and with the ring I just got from the kid's meal, I asked her to marry me..."

You should have given people rice in advance. Otherwise they would have to make due with rice from the China Star, and that would have been sticky. In fact, that would have been the perfect escape; hurl rice on the security guards!

that sucks....but congratulations! best of luck!

yesmy_love 0

"Today, my boyfriend proposed to me... in the food court of the mall.... FML" sounds like a better FML to me....... just saying :)

haha yah i agree that is a way better fml

Not really an FML.. she said yes, be happy! It's more like a funny story to always remember

This is not FYL. She said YES!!! There are better places for proposing than food court...

Hi everyone, you're ridiculous. What difference does it make where they got engaged? The fact of the matter is that she said yes. My parents got into a fight and almost broke up when my dad proposed (they were talking about marriage and my dad said, "Do you wanna just do it? Get married?" My mom's response was "...to you? Hadn't really thought about it much.") It makes for a funny story, and maybe there is significance to it. If not, maybe it was the right moment. You're no one to judge. That being said, this isn't really an FML lol, just a little bit funny. OP, congrats on the engagement.