By engaged - 29/03/2009 14:03 - United States

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend in the food court at the mall. When she said "yes", the entire food court broke out in applause, and my girlfriend and I were escorted out of the mall for "starting a riot". I never knew clapping was a crime. FML
I agree, your life sucks 114 065
You deserved it 24 222

Same thing different taste

Comments

I don't see the big deal about it being a food court, it must be sentimental in some way. Congrats to you both!

i feel like the point that you got escorted out at least made it a little more memorable... i mean a food court? c'mon

helen__fml 0

why'd you purpose in a food courtt? but, congrats. you know what would really suck? purposing in a food court AND her saying no.

why would u do it in a food court? thats totally unromantic...unless ur fat...then i guess it would be ur not like obese are you?

ohreally123 0

well... Congratulations on the engagement. I hope the foodcourt or the mall has some kind of special meaning between the two of you, otherwise, that's not the classiest place to propose..

Congrats! And holy #)($)@ I've never seen so many comments in such a short amount of time

crowdish 0

lol this isn't an FML! She said yes AND you'll have a great story for the rest of your lives. Even if you don't think it's funny now, you will in like a month.

At the mall? really? ... yeah **** your life!

It's possible that he kept the ring with him, waiting for the MOOD to be right, and not necessarily the time or location. He could bring the girl to the ******' top of the Eiffel tower and she could be in a bad mood and it still might not feel romantic, so why not be prepared when it does feel right?