By Hungryman - 15/01/2010 21:30 - France

Today, I ordered a Diet Coke with my meal from a fast food restaurant. Turns out, they didn't give me diet. My blood sugar spiked and I was sick for hours later. I'm a diabetic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 391
You deserved it 8 250

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Mest_Is_Wicked 0

Dude, what about drive-throughs?

sweetpea129 0

why were you even eating fast food to begin with? youre a diabetic. you shouldn't be putting that in your body anyway

... Why didn't you take insulin? If you're eating you must always take insulin. I've had Diabetes for 8 years. My bloodsugar have never gone super-uber high because of soda, even when I didn't take insulin.

bernie69 0
anrragde 0

#67 there's something called "outside USA". You should try... (for information, in Europe fast-food restaurants fill drinks for you, in any country. And OP posts from France... For health's sake, bad habit don't cross the ocean too easily)

bernie69 0

if ur diabetes was so bad,why would u want to risk on a simple fast food outlet?

my brother is diabetic and i used to order coke when he ordered diet coke. i always tested them because i knew distincly what was diet coke and just normal coke. poor diabetics... diet cokes tastes so foul...

Stupid. I've been type-1 diabetic for 17 years and I've always known the difference. There is no possibility of a lawsuit because they'll say "we didn't force it down your throat did we?" If your diabetes is so out of control that you get that sick from a single regular soda, then maybe you should pay a little more attention to your A1C and not be eating out. And yeah, you would have done insulin for eating anyway. Your fault for getting sick. And like #71 said, your blood sugar wouldn't have gone high enough to put you out of commision from a soda without insulin.

actually people win lawsuits over much stupider things... this is a far more legitimate case than a lot of other ones that go through the courts.