By lakb - 13/12/2010 15:27
Add a comment - Reply to : #
actually, thats a common misconception. the sodium hypochlorite in the cleaner reacts with the ammonia in the urine to produce chloramine, NOT chlorine gas. chloramine is still volatile though, and therefore its vapors can still get in the air and are harmful if inhaled. and also, chlorine is pale yellow, NOT green
My god how dirty was the box?! From my understanding you dump the litter, bang out any crusties, rinse, THEN use cleaners. I used a little bleach when I used to have a cat and I never had problems. Then again I scooped daily and washed it weekly.