By troublewithbleach - United States
Today, I was cleaning my bathroom, and accidentally spilled bleach, ruining my shower curtain, rugs, and towels. While attempting to wipe up the bleach, I knocked over a bottle of shower cleaner. It read, "WARNING: DO NOT MIX WITH BLEACH." I still can't go in the house. FML
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
  tuxedoandex  |  28

Bleach isn't water, I don't know exactly what it is but it's very basic substance while water is neutral. The fact that bleach is very basic is what makes it dangerous.

  pizzasammy  |  0

If the other cleaner was sulfur based (I believe from personal experimentation, sodium hypochlorite just makes everything smell better), possessed hydrochloric or acetic acid, the reaction between the two would produce some wonderful chlorine has... It really clears the nasal passages if one has a cold or suffers from seasonal allergies. It also burns the inside of your body and performs many other delightfully destructive acts.

On a more hopeful/positive side, perhaps the op was being ridiculous and spilled hydrogen peroxide everywhere and produced oxygen gas and some tasty salt water, (s)he could drink it! (Disclaimer: I don't recommend attempting that, common house hold bleach also contains many oxidizers that shouldn't be injected... unless you've grown tired of this terrestrial plane of existence in which case I suggest a small dose of potassium cyanide dissolved in a glass of water. It must be one of the most peaceful ways to go.)

  gutzzzz  |  0

I thought waste and worth were opposites.... so since they cancel each other out, all you did was say it took you two minutes to read that comment, congrats :) I wasted 30 second writing this reply, but it was worth it :P

  pizzasammy  |  0

Icaughtfire- I'm glad you found it worthy of said time. Sharing knowledge is how we all grow. :D

Yes, I did mean ingested... I must learn how to proof read properly before sounding like a fool... : /

  cldean24  |  4

My thought exactly. Why the heck would someone bring out all their cleaning chemicals at once?! lol


If the cleaner had ammonia in it, OP might have just made Chlorine gas.
Browsing a bit for ammonia x bleach mixtures yields something morbidly humorous. There is more than one way apparently to kill yourself from the mixture.