By pdub523 - 27/01/2013 05:57 - United States - Longview

Today, I met my girlfriend's dad for the first time. His shirt said "D.A.D.D, Dads Against Daughters Dating, shoot the first one and word will spread". FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 180
You deserved it 3 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Holy crap, I have to get me one of those!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought cleaning my riot shotguns would be good enough... But the shirt with the guns will defiantly keep little pricks out of here....

Comments

OhhhMaryy 12

Lmao my dads the same way!! He cool though, they just get a little jealous. so treat her right. (;

OhhhMaryy 12

haha yeah, dads can be very jealous w their daughters, shit my dad is, and a lot

I'm not really sure that "jealous" is the right word...

He could be jealous if his wife left him.

I think she meant protective, not jealous.

Either your girlfriend's dad has a good sense of humor, or this is your cue to be very, very polite around him ...

Or he can just be a great boyfriend all the time and show the respect he should show the father. If OP truly isn't a bad person then there shouldn't be any problems.

Yeah, because respect should only come from the OP.

23, "bad" is subjective and is a matter of preference. Keep that in mind...

60, I go where I please. And I please where I go.

It's just a daddy thing, OP. He's against you taking his little princess away from him. My dad would wear the same kind of thing.

Stay on his good side before it's too late.

Hope it's a joke. Perhaps you'll even get along later. If it's not, run till your legs give in.

BubbleGrunge 18

Apparently the shirt has done its job; scared ya enough that you'll take REAL good care of his daughter!

Ah yes, the number 1 fear of fathers with daughters everywhere. Must. Get. That. Shirt.

ulissey_fml 22

He made sure you knew what not to "Pop"...

Am i the only one who would take mild offense to this? Its an open threat to kill on sight, a young man who has an interest in his daughter because she has a mutual feeling towards him. I have never laid hands on a woman or treated them badly. I believe a better approach would be just to talk to the boy instead of openly saying " imma kill you". Get to know the boy and accept him. If he seems like he would be a bad influence for her, pressure him for details and if he says something out of line just say "i hope you're joking, i cant bring myself to agree with (insert problem here)". Communication, not violence is the key to a relationship and if you aren't willing to talk to your children and their dates, they are more inclined to go behind your back. Then you get to be a grandpa at 40.

Violence is a form of communication. You can learn a bit about other people if you get into fight with them.

thatoneguy79 10

Undoubtedly, you are not the only one that takes offense to this shirt. You are, however, one of the few people that does not have appear to the ability to appreciate and differentiate humor from literal. For example, right now I am wearing a "Coed Naked Firefighting" shirt, yet I have never been firefighting in the nude. It's a joke; calm down and chive on. Wait; I did not mean for you to eat chives...

Don't worry 26, I think it's out of order too. If it was just a joke then it'd be okay but if the dad is actually one of those kind of dads, which I'll assume he is because otherwise there wouldn't be an fml, it's too far, not to mention a bit creepy.

Yes u r the only one hence all the thumbs downs u got. And u must not have a daughter because then u know it doesn't matter if they act nice in front of u its what ur not there for....