By Anonymous - 27/08/2012 18:20 - United States - Burlington

Today, I'm apparently so desperate for companionship that my body has subconsciously synced my period with the girl who works in the cubicle adjacent to mine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 396
You deserved it 2 960

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You realize that your desperate need for companionship and the cycle sync are unrelated, right? Women who work or live in close proximity often experience synced menstrual periods. So, you're not special. Sorry.

Comments

You deserve it for being stupid, lmao. If you work with other females the sync is bound to happen.

RedPillSucks 31

So she's suppose to avoid working with women? Wow.

LiterOfCola 16

45- I think you're the one who's stupid, mate. So her working with other women makes her stupid? That's not even logical. Retard.

#66 you are beyond the word ignorant. Don't forget you most likely came out of one.

Dalboz 26

I think what 45 tried to say wasn't that she's stupid for working with women but rather that she's stupid because she thinks her loneliness is the cause of the sync. He meant that it always happens when you work with other women so she's stupid to expect otherwise

reallytho3 11

The bitchiness happens at the same time lol

2. It can go a little something like this: 'hey girl sorry to bug you and its a little embarrassing,but you don't happen to have a pad or tampon do you? I just started my period and I'm not prepared' Other girl: 'yea of course, I just got my period too.. Omg SISTERS!'.. Or maybe not, but most likely.

Or... Other girl: "Yes but I wont give it you - Put a Tape on it!" Yeah I've actually overheard a girl once say that!

celine21_fml 0

Oh god what is this world coming to...

BellaD13 18

This is essentially what happened to me and a co worker. ? We were talking and complaining about cramps and realized we started and ending the same days.

You realize that your desperate need for companionship and the cycle sync are unrelated, right? Women who work or live in close proximity often experience synced menstrual periods. So, you're not special. Sorry.

They aren't related, but the fact that OP synced with someone in a cubicle next to her implies that she doesn't spend much time with female friends outside of work (I understand that if she works long hours then she doesn't have the time to). So in a way the FML is implying that she doesn't hang out with friends.

PeeNaught 3

3, you saved me the trouble of explaining...thank you!! :-)

14- from my understanding, for periods to sync you have to spend A LOT of time with each other, which is why households sync but I'm not synced with my friends. So while OP might not get out a lot, the syncing doesn't necessarily mean she's lonely.

51 - My friend group spends a lot of time with eachother so most of the girls are synced. I guess that's just how I'm used to it.

Thank you so much! I was going to say the sane thing.

I've read articles explaining the whole cycle syncing thing is a myth. Most women are not completely regular and, even if they are, months are not. Eventually you could be in line then in a few months, you'll be out of sync again.

citymayer 7

Ugh thank you! OP is an idiot.

Pretty sure that is not true. My Mom is in the late stages of menopause and gets a migraine every time I'm on my period on the first day. This used to be one of her symptoms when she had her period. Why would she be getting them on that particular day and no other ones unless there was some hormonal synching going on.

And yet when I mentioned on an older FML about women who live together sometimes having their periods in sync I got massively thumbed down and many sarcastic replies about how the female body isn't a machine. Go figure!

With 2 older sisters and the girls I hang out with, I know for a FACT that periods sync.

boycrazy30007 12

I love people who try to sound smart on FML but use the words in the wrong context and end up sounding ignorant.

RockstarRN 10

3- Thanks for making OP feel worse than she already was feeling. Asshole.

MiloBear 11

OP didn't necessarily sync with her co-worker because of spending so much time together. Their cycles could just happen to co-incide for a few months. If you have a seven day period there's about a 25% chance that some of your days will match up with a friend's.

brittneyohh 5

They do, and boy do I feel bad for my dad that week.

Lmao I laughed so hard when I read that. Exactly what I was thinking

deadxwedding84 5

Maybe she's the desperate one and hers synced to yours. O.o

Or it's just possible that it's completely normal for women who live or work together to become synced. Nah, who am I kidding! You've been so lonely for so long, you're lucky your uterus hasn't abandoned ship.

ArielTheMermaid 17

Hey 6 it isn't that far off. I went to the same school with the same people for 8 years and in 8th grade these girls discovered that most of us were on our periods at the same time. Biological calendars can sync up

I think he knows that. It would seem that OP does not.

ArielTheMermaid 17

No I'm not new here. To be quite honest, I posted that comment at about 11 o clock last night. It seemed like a good idea to my sleep deprived self. But now that I read it, I'm just like 'what?' so by all means, ignore my comment, thumb it down, whatever :)

Are you seriously apologizing for your comment?! Are you trying to break the Internet?!

ArielTheMermaid 17

I can break the Internet? o.O no worries. I shall fix it with duct tape!

lovelyspyder 7

Well, you work what, 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week, right? Actually makes perfect sense. Doesn't mean ur desperate for companionship, just mother nature working her lovely "magic".

I feel bad for everyone who's gonna have to work around you guys for that week.

Go out and join a club or something. Anything, just get out of the lonely rut you are in and go out more. Start by getting a cat.

How does a cat make one go out more?

Cat-walking? You get to meet people who are wondering if they're stoned, seeing a lady walking a cat.

They don't but why not get a nice pussy? I see no problem with a nice pussy... Do you?

Actually I think the cat walking idea is brilliant! A very cunning plan indeed.

It happens. Really it only takes like 2 days to sync up, doesn't really matter.

Well, at least you know where to go for tampoons..

Never had to use a tampoon. Sounds large, like a harpoon.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the word tampoon in the dictionary, so I made up my own definition for it. Tampoon- A harpoon like contraption that shoots tampons in the ****** in the same fashion in which a harpoon would.

This deserves a spot on urbandictionary

Guess you can't make a spelling mistake on this site.