By Anonymous - 10/04/2016 11:41 - United States - Bronx

Today, I had to slowly explain to my slightly ditzy roommate that no, I will not grow testicles due to taking testosterone supplements. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 639
You deserved it 1 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hahaha, it's amazing to think some people think you can actually grow testicles without seeds! Testosterone alone is useless unless you have the seeds, plenty of sunlight, and nutrient-rich soil. Jesus, I'm still laughing.

Comments

Solution is as follows. Phase 1: Agree that the testosterone will, in fact, cause you to grow testicles. (use hand puppets if necessary) Phase 2: Convince her that you've been put on an experimental trial for a new testosterone supplement that may have certain side effects. The most prominent of these being that people exposed to you for extended periods of time may get a contact high and also grow testicles. Phase 3: You're free to get a smarter roommate, owing to her being afraid of growing balls, or him walking around with four of them.

andrmac 25

I think you should stuff your pants in a couple of weeks look up pics of bulges to get the image right and be like damn you was right just to mess with them. After a few days show them how wrong when you remove the fake bulge.

As a matter of fact, if you had testicles, they would shrink from taking testosterone. Just ask guys who've taken too many steroids.

SilverInGray 25

They won't shrink unless you're taking it to the point your levels are too high.

I have been taking weekly 1ml testosterone injections for about 3 years and sadly, yes, they have shrunk down a bit. No, I'm not a body builder, I just don't make any testosterone.

this is why aliens don't want any contact with us

Okay, maybe I am failing here, but I'm guessing the supplements are for either a medical condition or for sex drive issues, and not as HRT, since there's no mention of hormone suppressant and they identify as female.

SilverInGray 25

You don't have to take a hormone suppressant to take hrt, by the way. Though I do agree that they're probably not trans.

As #29 said, Testosterone is strong enough to suppress the production of Estrogen, Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinising Hormone. Suppressants aren't required for people taking transition doses of T; on the other hand, for people taking Estrogen, they usually do need a Testosterone suppressant. Whatever the reason, good luck OP.

Thank you for the answers. That was written very late at night and I couldn't for the life of me remember which hormone needed the other hormone to be suppressed before it could work.

"This woman found out how to grow testicles using testosterone supplements, doctors hate her!"

Why are you taking testosterone if you're a girl? I'm confused

LyingBlood 8

sex drive issues most likely. if she is planning to become a man she would need hormone suppressants. but she didn't mention those, so we can only believe it's sex drive issues

SilverInGray 25

You don't have to take hormone suppressants to do hrt. I know many trans men on T and not a suppressant.

C'mon, don't downvote. At least she admits that she's confused and is trying to educate herself about it. Shame on you.

#26 Hormone suppressants are as stated above generally not used by transmen. Younger transsexuals may get them though, but it's more used to stop the changes of puberty.

T is actually a medical treatment for a lot of things--one of them, funnily enough, is malformed connective tissue (they tried it on me and I think the dose was too high, might be brought up again at a later date...). So it could be all sorts of things. Or he's trans and can't work the damn FML settings. (I can't either. It still thinks I'm a girl. I'm not a girl.)

Blow your roommate's mind by reminding her that she also has testosterone.