By Alex - 13/05/2011 21:10 - United States

Today, I had to run a mile in gym class for fitness training. If it takes longer than 10 minutes to run the stretch, you have to re-take it. My time was 10:02. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 060
You deserved it 20 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it took you 10 min to run a mile? that's a long time

iAmScrubs 19

At least you weren't 10 minutes and 1 millisecond.

Comments

haha i ran my mile for school in 8:23

I'm a 5'2 female with MS that doesn't run regularly, yet managed it in 7:12.

kookoo831 0

lies. you would have had an average speed of 6 mph to do that, roughly the speed of walking. I can run a mile at about 10 mph for the whole thing, the fat kid on my soccer team who has asthma runs it in 8 mintes or so.

nicksand 0

dude...10 minutes to run a mile? You could nearly walk it that fast.

Damn, why is everyone being such assholes about this? Some people just can't run very well. It's not something to mock them over. There was this girl, Serena, in my gym class senior year who was forced to run the mile and tried to actually run it, not walk it like she usually did because "people always stare at me like I'm, like I'm just some loser who, like, should be able to do what everyone else can do" (I wrote about it in my journal after it happened, so I remember exactly what she said), and she ended up having to sit out after the first lap because it was just too much for her...she was crying and everything, it was horrible, I really don't think gym teachers should force kids to achieve certain standards if they just can't. Not only is it unfair, it's humiliating. Granted, if the OP can run 10:02 then he can probably do 10:00, but my point is regarding the commenters, not the actual post. Stop being such dicks and accept people's differe-- ...What am I saying? This is fmylife.com, the land of asshole commenters. No way is this post going to be taken seriously. Well, I'll leave you to your fuckwad selves, then, but if you act like this to people like that girl in my class...there's nothing I can do about it, and I'm sure you won't care if I hate you, so I guess that's all I have to say.

joa76 3

That's precisely why I liked the way the gym classes were set up at my high school. How well you did didn't matter, so long as you tried. Of course, I happen to be so ridiculously unathletic that even trying as hard as I possibly could earned me a B for "not doing anything" (while a lot of girls who were standing there staring at their nails got As, but whatever). Still, grading based on ability is stupid. I mean, yes, it's what you do in real classes, but gym is not a real class, and not only is it not possible for everyone to be athletic, it's not even remotely relevant to real life, and it'd be tremendously unfair to ruin people's averages just because they can't shoot a basketball.

Amen, gurl :) You're right about all the trolls on here. I can't run under 10 for my life. And I'm skinny who can't do a good 1 mile, which is really embarrassing. I'm for real people, I'm 105 (shut up I'm underweight, I'm not anorexic, what about it?!) I really hate sports, because I never got into them, no one really encouraged me when I was younger.

your a guy and you can't run a mile in 10 mins..dude that's just a bit pathetic honestly..I understand if you have an injury or condition but you didn't mention that anywhere. if you're just lazy or out of shape then hit the gym and stop crying about it on fml. what did you expect?