By ready_set_go - 09/04/2009 01:14 - Canada

Today, my sister told my mother how she saw our neighbour's son at the movies with a girl and that they were kissing. My mother said that any girl willing to date someone so ugly must have self esteem issues and they laughed. I'm his girlfriend, my sister didn't recognize me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 006
You deserved it 4 781

ready_set_go tells us more.

Hey update for everyone: I decided "surprise" my mother and sister by inviting my new boyfriend over for dinner but didnt say who it was. When he came through the door and I introduced him as my boyfriend they stared shocked at me realizing that they had put their feet in their mouths. And just to add a little more salt to their wounds, I kissed him, smiled sweetly at him and asked my sister and mother "So, what do you think of him again? Im sure he would like to know if you approve." Needless to say they got the hint that not only do I not have low self esteem but I am VERY PROUD to be his girlfriend lol btw they havent talked crap about him since!

Top comments

your mom and sister are some gossipy bitches.

Lovebird: 1 Insensitive mother and sister: 0 Well done :D

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
JinxSNC 0

tell your mom anyone willing to have kids with her must've had a STD

1- you're a dick it doesn't matter what a guy or girl looks like

Lichinamo 33

Yes, why don't we all do that? Because an average girl can SO get a celeb BF of she wants to. Idiot.

Actually, it does so matter what he/she looks like. Nobody actually WANTS to date an unatractive mate.

friedpwnadge 25

I actually took the time to thumb you down. That's pretty low and shallow of you to say that.

prttyyngthng 0

#2, WTF is wrong with you? And you low key deserved it for keeping your relationship a secret to begin with.

zachattack 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

your mom and sister are some gossipy bitches.

MichellinMan 20

How the **** to you fail to recognize your sister? She's just being a ****, she probably barely saw your face to begin with.

"YDI, get a hotter boyfriend." -wow thats not shallow at all. im srry. fyl! that's just rude to make fun of anyone's appearances =[

Your mom is right. Find a hotter boyfriend. Parents are always right.

At least the OP has a reason for these perceived self esteem issues. Her bitchy family. I would have come out with it right then and there. And then wailed on my sister for being a sort sighted mole. I bet they would have been pissing themselves laughing after that!