By Alex - 13/05/2011 21:10 - United States

Today, I had to run a mile in gym class for fitness training. If it takes longer than 10 minutes to run the stretch, you have to re-take it. My time was 10:02. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 060
You deserved it 20 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it took you 10 min to run a mile? that's a long time

iAmScrubs 19

At least you weren't 10 minutes and 1 millisecond.

Comments

why the hell did it even take that long?

BRITkneeeeee 0

maybe you should run faster next time...?

wow 10 min to run 5280 feet.... horribly slow...

supdudeimdanny 0

I'm 220 lb. I'm overweight but can still run a mile in 5:58, 2 miles in 12:42, and I run cross country, No excuses on your part

oglefro 6

mr fat as balls. 10 minutes there are people in my high school that run under 9 minutes for there two mile. what the heck man I am disappointed

Jsalcedo23 0

if you're just running 1 mile it should be easy because you'll be done after that so it should motivate you to hurry up and run faster. if you're going to run like 2 or more miles at once then I can understand if you'd want to slow down and pace yourself.

the line has to be drawn firm somewhere I mean where would it stop 10:03 10:04 where?

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

I agree that 10 minutes is more than enough time for a regular person. However I can understand why it would be hard for others. and I don't mean the overweight. I've always been of normal weight, but I had the same issue in school, and now even. I almost failed PE because I couldn't even run an 11 minute mile. I was born with a rare form of asthma, a heart condition, rheumatoid arthritis in my knees, and flat feet. On the year of our final run, I was pushed so hard by my teacher that I collapsed on the final lap suffocating and hacking up blood, and was rushed to the ER. After that, the strict expectations for running in my school were drastically lowered. I don't have sympathy for the overweight and lazy, but if your reason for slowness is beyond your control, you need to inform your teacher and principal that you are literally physically unable to meet their expectations without endangering yourself. Sorry for the autobiography, but I feel it needs to be said that some of us are just not born to be Olympic runners. Despite all this though, I still run, and happily. I just pace myself safely. That's why speed is no real measurement of health; pacing oneself is the key.

krisztian_fml 7

this isnt an fml because you barely missed the time needed to pass...its an fml bc it takes you 10 mins to run a mile