By Alex - 13/05/2011 21:10 - United States

Today, I had to run a mile in gym class for fitness training. If it takes longer than 10 minutes to run the stretch, you have to re-take it. My time was 10:02. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 060
You deserved it 20 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it took you 10 min to run a mile? that's a long time

iAmScrubs 19

At least you weren't 10 minutes and 1 millisecond.

Comments

Negrodamus666 0

Seriously, 10 minutes? You should have been able to WALK a mile in less time than that.

mackjack 0

i run the mile in 7 min and im a fith grader u really must be fat theres a girl who runs the mile in six min and thats cause she isnt fat

unless your leg is broken or something like that, you should be able to run a 10 minute mile...

I do track and can run a mile in about 6:30, there are kids who can run it in about 4:30.

nateb1tch 1

hmm that's hard since the human walks at about a 4 mph.. to make the 10 min you have to run 6 mph

captain_nemo_fml 0

i ran a mile in 6:15 when i was 11. i ran a 5:20 mile when i was 13. then i ran 2 miles in 11:07 when i was 15. AND i'm a girl. i don't understand people who refuse to acknowledge how out of shape they are until they are "tested".

My last mile time was a little over 10 minutes. I'm 15 too. :( I can't run, I hate it and I feel like I'm dying after running.

Are you saying that you're a track state champion? A 15 year old girl with an 11:07 2 mile is very impressive.

Steinson_ERAU 0

ugh I can relate. I had to get 10:22 and I got 10:36. they wouldn't let me retake it till the next month

mariet_fml 23

I'd try to get a protest going and have everyone walk as slow as they could tolerate. It's not the school's place to tell you how fast you should be.

Now I'm not saying you deserve it, nor am I saying your life sucks, but this should push you to have more motivation and have a greater speed when running. Doing it again isn't such a bad thing, don't think of it as a bad thing. Think of it as having a greater work out. You now know that you need to run 2 seconds faster. I've had to run 10km for a Terry Fox Run, which is 6.214 miles, I had to do that in 10 minutes since I was in Gym 30 we had to be pushed harder in order to gain better track skills. It sucks, but you'll get better. 2 seconds can make a huge difference in your running skills. Since my high school gym class, it's prepared me for marathons thanks to doing runs like that over and over again. You'll be more grateful when your finish your second round, even if you don't plan on doing anything major in regards to fitness after grade school.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds from your post like you're claiming to have done a 10K in 10 mintutes??