By Anonymous - 20/02/2012 03:00 - Canada

Today, I had to leave the movie theater early because I couldn't fit in the chairs. I guess I'll see it when it comes out on DVD. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 364
You deserved it 57 645

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would say you deserve it, but we don't know the circumstances here. So in the nicest way possible, let this be motivation to lose weight. Do it the healthy way and you can only benefit. Good luck! :)

If I'm honest it's a YDI, although the seats could be small in general...

Comments

I really don't understand why every comment so far has to do with you being possibly overweight. I think movie theaters should make their seats bigger. I'm sorry this happened, hope no one was to rude about it :)

So just because you can't fit either, suddenly anyone who blames the person who ultimately has the control over their weight is wrong? Go eat a twinkie.

I just hate when people make weight (for example) everything and everyone else's problem but their own.

marisadc79 0

You do realize I hope that many health conditions can cause a person to be overweight right? And if you don't I feel sorry for you. Go eat a Twinkie, really? This person could have a bad thyroid or a host of other legitimate medical reasons for being overweight. And before you make yourself look stupider and say I must be fat guess again. Not to mention who the hell are you to judge?

"Health conditions?" It's a very small percentage of overweight people that have a legitimate medical excuse. Not having the discipline to not overeat is not a "health condition." What is wrong with our society that nobody can accept something as intrinsically their own responsibility as THEIR OWN BODY?

Control over their weight? Are you familiar with a metabolism? Honestly, junk food is the cheapest and a lot of people are poor, and working out and all, it's too slow, maybe they ARE trying to lose weight and it's just taking time. We don't know the full story, but usually obesity is due to slow metabolisms and the fact healthy food are just too expensive, people probably wouldn't have an overweight problem if that weren't the case but oolong (probably spelled wrong) tea helps metabolisms and losing weight. And it also helps clear your skin.

#126 sound to me like you're making a lot of excuses for one simple fact; they ultimately have control over how they eat. If you're willing to pay $5.00 for an Angus burger meal at McDonalds then you could easily replace it with a frui or two from the Farmer's Market. Please don't mistake this for blissful ignorance. I understand that many things go into obesity, but it boils down to the fact that it's up to them to control it.

tweetbaby14 18

126, I agree with what you said about metabolisms, but it's not all in what a person eats. How much they eat and how much they burn off has more to do with it. I eat chips, pop, McDonalds and such, and I'm not fat because I don't eat a ridiculous portion, my metabolism, and I do something to burn it off after.

The simple fact is that the VAST majority of obese people are obese because of poor choices they have made repeatedly. You can't blame it on metabolism or genetics or the economy or anything else (for most people). Yes, obesity runs in families. But it's also fully preventable.

MissHayleyJames 7

Speaking from someone who is overweight and living on a budget, I don't eat McDonalds but holy hell I spend way too much money on food trying to eat healthy. It's ridiculous. Fruits and veggies are total money wastes. They're not cheap and they don't fill you up in the slightest. My goal of eating is to not still be hungry by the end of it and fruits and veggies do not meet that goal. I can eat an entire bag of carrots and still be hungry after. It sucks to blow so much money on food and still be hungry.

Drink more water and eat protein with your meals. You'll be more full and you'll speed up your metabolism.

MissHayleyJames 7

Trust me, I drink as much water as I can without living in the bathroom and I drink protein shakes throughout the day as well.

Before I say what I am going to say, let me just add that I sympathise with your situation and that I hope it gets better. Here it goes... 1.) Healthy food may be a little higher in price, but it is never a waste of money. Your life is priceless, and you should treat preserving it the same way. 2.)Although you do mention eating fruits and veggies, not once do you mention exercising. This is a fundamental step in improving your overall health. If you're short on time, just take a 20-30 min jog around your neighborhood/complex. It'll make a big difference. 3.)When you say eating fruit doesn't fill you up, exactly how much are you eating? One small salad obviously won't do the trick, so try replacing big meals with a big salad, and midday snacks with fruit smoothies.  ...I'll also add steaming veggies instead of boiling them keeps the nutrients (not  to mention taste) in the veg. Good luck, and God speed!

MissHayleyJames 7

I do work out 3-4 times a week and I can sit down and eat an entire pound of carrots and I'm still just as hungry when I finish them as when I started. Honestly I value my happiness more than an extra couple years living in misery so no, the high cost of healthy foods isn't really worth it to me. I'll also never understand people who actually enjoy veggies. Other than carrots and sweet corn, everything else tastes like absolute dog shit unless it's cooked in butter/cheese/bacon/sugar or something of the sort. For me, I'd rather enjoy my food and live a few years less and be happy, than absolutely tormenting myself just for those extra few years.

If that's how you feel, then I guess all I can do (and PLEASE do not take offense to this) is reccomend you watch two documentaries: -Forks Over Knives -Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead ...I'm not overwieght, but these two documentaries made me realize how easy and beneficial it is to eat healthy. The second documentary also gives easy tips on how to get your daily servin of fruits and veggies. If you do change your mind on your eating habits, let me tell you in advance. It won't be easy. In Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, both guys who changed their diet (and others along the way) said the first day was hell. But after that day, they said it went smoothly, and the ponds began to shed. If you don't feel like spending money on the vids and you happen to have a Netflix account, both movies are on there.

MissHayleyJames 7

I'm not offended, don't worry :) I did completely change my eating habits at one point. It was 8 months of pure hell. I seriously almost had a doctor write me a prescription for antidepressants because I was so ungodly miserable. I've had people tell me "oh just stick with it, it'll get better" but it doesn't. It only makes it worse.

I'm sorry to hear that. Well I guess it isn't for everyone... But even if it didn't work out, still watch the documentaries. Very informative and entertaining! Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

MissHayleyJames 7

I've seen the documentary about the guy that ate nothing but McDonald's for a month. That was gross. I do eat McDonald's maybe once every 3-6 months or so just because it tastes so damn good, despite being so bad for you. That's why I rarely eat it, but it's a once in a blue moon treat. I'll look into those documentaries. I'm sure my husband would enjoy them too. He's a total health nut :) Have a good day too.

I thought movie theaters chairs are huge. After being very I'll for three years I went from 110lbs to 280... I'm a super short person my bmi was 54! I still fight comfortably in many theaters. Happy that my weight is no longer a problem oh well

Ok so my go eat a Twinkie comment was mean. Sorry. I agree and disagree with things that were said here. I know that healthy food is expensive and it takes more work to prep and what not. There's the odd person who has a medical condition that makes them over weight. Loosing weight is not easy trust me I know from experience. I used to be 238 pounds. I hated it. So guess what I STOPPED BLAMING EVERY THING AROUND ME AND STARTED BLAMING MYSELF. I am now a happy 170 of lean mean muscle. I made healthier choices ON A BUDGET so I know it's doable. I got a good sweat in every day I could instead of watching tv. And my metabolism sped up ON ITS OWN. The human body is an amazing thing and if you put some hard work into it, it'll surprise you. Don't be a statistic people! Wake up! Stop blaming people! Eat better! Exercise! And you'll fit in the theater seats. Simple as that :) I'll be watchin for the hate comments. Bring em on bitches.

Oh and to 93...this whole fml website is for people to judge these situations durr. If they didnt want people to make fun then dont put it on the internet! So shrang tang wang you lose I win.

MissHayleyJames 7

That's fantastic for you but it doesn't work like that for everyone. I'm going to be a happy, fat 180 something probably for the rest of my life unless I get a tummy tuck one day because my body does not lose weight. 175 was my lowest and I had to nearly kill myself to get to that. Living day to day like that is absolutely not worth it in the least. So you may live an extra few years but if you're miserable the whole entire time, what's the point? I'll just stay fatter, enjoy what I want to eat in moderation, and be a little happier in life. If I die a few years earlier well at least I'll die happy.

ninjuh_wingman 29

Im not sure whether to say YDI or FYL since you could be really fat or the seats could be small.

The seats can't be that small. Its both a YDI and a FYL. This person needs to not wait around for the DVD. They need to get their fatass to a doctor, a personal trainer, a nutritionist, etc.

13, No business that hopes to actually make money would make seats that are too small for the average person. Considering it is a cinema, they expect their long term customer base to be on the larger side.

Or he could be a bodybuilder and his bulging muscles couldn't fit?

83, Except bodybuilders generally try to keep their waist thin, they work on developing the shoulders, back, arms and chest. The arm rests in cinema chairs wouldn't inhibit them. Besides, bodybuilders aren't healthy either.

MissHayleyJames 7

Have you seen Jay Cutler? He was a gazillion time Mr. Olympia and his legs are so big he can't fit in movie theater chairs. Ronnie Coleman is the same way. Natural bodybuilders (not those two) are healthier than the average person and minus the steroids, so are the unnatural ones. It's amazing how ridiculously boring and healthy their diets are.

kirbeaar 19

Maybe instead of watching movies you should go

cutielilangel 8
cutielilangel 8

Oooh, I got it. Instead, you should go to the drive in!!! :)

iseyixes 18

"Too much booty in the pants!!!" OR "I like big butts and I cannot lie!!!" OP hope you don't let it get you down. Beauty is in everyone :)

Well you shouldn't have taken the giant tub of popcorn and the extra large diet Pepsi along with the plus size bag of Skittle and Milk Duds with you!!

What the heck jerk. You can't just assume that OP had all that. Maybe they didn't have any of that stuff and they are just a big person due to genetics and/or a disese.

OK Comment Crusader, we get it, no fat jokes on your watch. Calm down already.

42- I don't think that 30 was being a 'Comment Crusader' as you call it. There are just too many people out there who don't think of all the possibilities in regards to other people's living situations sometimes--and it's perfectly okay to help them recognize that.

Absolutely #42 it's not cool to make fun of people about anything like hair color, eye color, skin color, ethnicity and/or the person's "fatness". That being said here is a joke that has nothing to do with bodyweight! Q. How many Mcdonalds Managers does it take to change a lightbulb? A. None, they tell a Crew Member to do it!

It's more the number of comments defending fat people that this person has made on this fml, not the fact that they've made the point once. Each of them has been joking, no need for the serious comment reply.

marisadc79 0

What a rude comment just shameful

murphy22 6

Dude really? Just because someone's heavyset does not mean they eat like pigs. Friend of mine eats healthier then I do, works out three times more then me, and yet still I'm skinny, she isn't. Get over it.

Of course the skinny looking bimbo posts a shallow status...

At least she's pretty. That's all that matters.

55, Calling someone a skinny looking bimbo isn't helping your cause. Also the comment was rude - not shallow, otherwise making any comment about poor diet would be considered as such.

Seriously... Get this you may be shocked some people are overweight because of health issues. A relative of mine is obese and she eats healthy but has a thyroid problem. Also to the person who said being pretty is all that matters... I seriously hope you never want a girlfriend cause with the only quality you care about you have a 99% chance of being miserable.

Good point 89, I didn't consider the obvious there.

#90 I think #69 was being heavily sarcastic.... If not then I agree with you, burly I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.

Oh_Hayy_Its_Lex 10

69- oh, yeah! cause looks ALWAYS matter! /sarcasm

julialinn 2

OP's weight could be genetic, you know.

brohamas16 7

you do gotta admit....she is kinda hot

MissHayleyJames 7

If you think plastic and fake is hot...

#178 I'm not plastic and fake thank you very much.

Hey 209, how about worrying about criticism directed to your rude comment instead of jumping on the comments directed toward your looks. People are gonna make fun of how you look because it's the Internet, get used to it.

#223 kays, thanks My comment was rude... I know that. I just get annoyed when ppl call me fake cuz that aint how we are in Alberta

Ah sweet, we both party it up in Alberta eh? I like to ride my polar bear, what about you?

Heck yea! Don't forget the pony's! Lol

And the tractors all day long cuz you know that's just how we roll lol

I'm just hanging out in my igloo with my polar bear (=

Well I'm just riding my dogsled while typing this up A.K.A. The usual

Ew. No thanks. Lol just the norm around here lol

Just the norm! I do that everyday... I consider myself a pro at it lol

Nope! My parents give me weird looks when I take off on my dog slay texting even thow it's against the law! Lol

MissHayleyJames 7

If you don't want people to call you fake, you might want to change your profile picture because showing off big boobs with bleached blonde hair kind of gives that impression. So don't bitch about it if you're going to portray yourself that way.

Mmk even thow it's not fake? Just cuz I got big boobs bleach blonde hair doesn't mean I'm fake... I was born this way.

MissHayleyJames 7

Even if you were "born that way", maybe try putting on a different shirt or something for your picture? Seriously. If you post a picture of yourself looking like that, that's you begging for attention, and you'll get the bad attention with any good you *might* get. So, something you should think about if you don't want people calling you fake. Oh, and you might also want to look at the way you type. That's not helping your case whatsoever.

kirbeaar 19

Whoops, meant to say maybe instead of watching movies you should go for a jog. It'd do you a world of good.

bettyc4 26

It's a sign from the universe...time to get that ass movin

I'm sorry but this may be a sign you need to lose weight. Exercise can seem daunting but if you make small adjustments to your diet and do something as simple as a 15-20 min brisk workout twice a week you can work yourself back into shape. It may take a year or two but this is something that can stick with you for life because it isn't that difficult