By First World Problems - 08/01/2016 14:34 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I got my wisdom teeth out. Afterwards, my parents thought it would be a great idea to have my favourite meal. I got to watch them enjoy it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 459
You deserved it 1 769

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

You could always remind them that you're the one who gets to pick their nursing home.

watching someone else eat your favorite meal is the worst.

Comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

You could always remind them that you're the one who gets to pick their nursing home.

You can pick it, but it doesn't mean they'll stay. We attempted to move my great-grandmother to a retirement home about five years ago. The morning after her move-in my uncle asked how she liked it, and she punched him right in the jaw whilst screaming profanities at him. We moved her out the same day and took her back home. It nearly started a revolution in the place. People started complaining to their children and asking why they couldn't go home too.

Mathalamus 24

heh, revolution of the oldies. sounds hilarious. :P

And quite sad.. poor old people. They're envious and just want to have thier old life back, not feel pampered all the time. Btw, #2 your great grandmother sounds like a badass.

Reihna_fml 14

watching someone else eat your favorite meal is the worst.

No arguments there. Well, maybe not the worst thing. There are other things like this that can get under your skin.

Suck it up, it's only temporary. They can make your favorite meal again after you've healed.

That's annoying. Especially because you couldn't do anything to stop them, or eat some. :( All you can do is savor the next time you eat your favorite meal!

It would suck if the "next time" is forever away from now. Sometimes parents like to spite their kids.

Quendolin 24

I'd be so mad that I would throw my wisdom teeth at them!

I don't think the dentist usually lets you take them home. I know because I asked.

Quendolin 24

Interesting, because when I got them removed, I was asked if I wanted to take them home.

I got offered the one they were able to take out whole.... 3 of mine were very large and still under the gums (no room for them to come in or anything) and had to be broken apart to take them out....

i got my wisdom teeth right away, sealed in a box thing. it looks good.

Mine were impacted so they had to give me general anesthetic and cut out all four. Guess they'd thrown them out by the time I was coherent.

You didn't throw a fit screaming "they're mine give them back"?

Ask them to get you your favorite meal when you finally heal

You can eat all the ice cream you want and no one can judge you for it, though. That's something.

All you want? No. All you CAN, perhaps. You might find eating is too difficult and even ice cream requires too much jaw movement. Yay soup.