By its ok to cheat!? - 20/02/2013 21:52 - United States - Brisbane

Today, I got my results on a recent, important midterm. During the exam, I'd noticed my instructor had accidentally left an answers page in the test packet, so being honest, I didn't look at them. It turns out she did it on purpose to help us pass. I failed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 749
You deserved it 15 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whats the point of a test if youre given the answers....unless im missing something?

Atchoo 8

I wonder what the dean/principal/program director or other appropriate authority in the school would have to say about those testing methods......

Comments

I guess being honest sometimes doesn't help huh?

If you willingly passed up the opportunity to get a good grade on the test then ydi.

how can people say he deserves it???? that was a very good thing to do

Well I doubt OP failed just because they were honest. Maybe a little more studying should have been in order.

Why did you not just turn it in? Say I found this in my test booklet.

perdix 29

Actually, if you were really honest, you would have taken the answer sheet to the teacher. Once you realized it was an answer sheet, you saw some of the answers, so you had an unfair advantage by then (as far as you knew.)

You must have missed a class or something where that was explained. How else could you have been the only one who didn't use the answers?

It is refreshing to find out there people like you. Being honest is not a shame and I applaud your actions. Now you know you just need a little more studying before taking your tests :)

RKD 23

Don't listen to these guys, OP! You did the right thing and you will be rewarded later in life-your honesty is a good habit that will pay off for you in the long run! I hate to sound preachy, but it disturbs me how so many people are not taught/dont' espouse basic traits like decency, honesty, and so on!