By TrueSoulmates - 11/04/2019 12:00

Today, after a year of struggling to get over my anxiety disorder so that I don't have a panic attack every time I go to see my boyfriend, I've been informed that his anxiety has now flared and he gets anxious when texting me. It's a lose-lose, and I'm now causing him the same hell I've felt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 796
You deserved it 345

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cardin06 15

How did you even start dating?

And has any of you ever considered you actually don't need to be in a relationship? I mean obviously you can do whatever you want, but I'm exhausted just reading that. You can be single and work on your issues and then maybe figure out a situation that doesn't flare up panic attacks left and right, but of course you can always be miserable as a couple, that sounds just great.

Comments

manb91uk 22

He was there for you, now you have to find a way to be strong for him. Good luck!

cardin06 15

How did you even start dating?

And has any of you ever considered you actually don't need to be in a relationship? I mean obviously you can do whatever you want, but I'm exhausted just reading that. You can be single and work on your issues and then maybe figure out a situation that doesn't flare up panic attacks left and right, but of course you can always be miserable as a couple, that sounds just great.

I swear there is a Hollywood blockbuster somewhere in this story. About overcoming adversity to be together. If nothing else, at least you understand each other's anxiety problems. Maybe you can whatsapp each other a * sign every morning to say "I love you and I would love to hear from you". It takes away the stress of having to string together a message. Look, you already overcame your problems to at least start dating, which is clearly no mean feat. Good luck!!

The anxiety I can understand... if you were meeting for the first time. By the sound of it, you're actively seeing him and calling him your boyfriend. So the talk about exclusivity probably already happened... why then... get anxious? if you can't be relaxed around each other, I'm sorry love, but it won't work out. I would really like to know what triggered your panic attacks when going there.

Agoraphobia, which is the fear of large open spaces that you can't easily escape. In my case, it was the mall and I just happened to be meeting up with him as well. Felt trapped by all the people around me who would see my anxiety and how far away all my escapes were, as I was in the middle. I wanted to be able to run out of there as soon as I started feeling sick and felt a million times worse when I realized I wasn't going to make it to the bathroom on time. All in all, a lot of things made it snowball and I was tremendously embarrassed that it happened in front of my then crush, now boyfriend 😅 It was my fear of it happening in front of him again that caused it to, well, happen in front of him again so many times.

You should dump him and find a nice narcissist to heap affection upon because he thinks he deserves it.

bl3ur0z3 17

If you're the cause of each other's anxiety, maybe this relationship isn't good fir either of you.

If y’alls anxiety about each other is that bad, you don’t need to be together. Just sayin

Maybe give him the same advices you were given and if you were given none, explain you had the same thing. You, more than anyone else, will be able to understand what he is going through.

Suaria 38

Honestly it doesn't sound like this relationship will work out. If you are both getting anxiety from each other, it might be time to say goodbye.