By dumbassgrad - 12/12/2012 19:14 - United States - El Monte

Today, I accidentally left my textbook at home. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but today was my class final. Since it was an open-book final, I'd decided not to study for it. I'm pretty sure I failed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 355
You deserved it 38 512

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that's kind of ballsy. I always study for open book tests and put little sticky notes in the most important parts for quick reference.

Your still supposed to study for open book tests otherwise you usually don't complete it on time because your busy looking things up.

Comments

So you comment to the FML once, then you reply to your own comment? You could just say everything you need to in one comment. Oh, your comment sucks good luck

tralala453 22

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Studying for an open book final when there are likely more difficult finals to study for would be stupid.

You are showing your stupidity there. Open book ones you need to study for to know where to check in the book for confirmation. Open book means you have a reference not a straight pass. Besides if it was that easy it would be called straight pass final.

Well, if she/he had a more important exam coming up or even on that same day, it would make more sense to study for one that is more difficult or not open book.

26, open book means you can refer to your textbook during the test.

Minx108 12

Even if Op had their book I suspect they would have failed, only because you would lose a lot of time trying to educate yourself as you're answering.

It means you can use your textbook as reference for the test.

Kill Me Please!!! 9

OP doesn't deserve it for not studying. OP deserves it for not bringing the book. OP, some advice for BSing assignments: 1. If needed, bring proper materials 2. Be sneaky (usually involves Rule 1)

Wow, that's kind of ballsy. I always study for open book tests and put little sticky notes in the most important parts for quick reference.

I've never had an open book exam. I hear they can be hard though.

OHai15 12

#35 i heard and from experience know they're easier,u have a book to help u instead of just ur own knowledge.

41, the book is usually very large, not easy to find answers quickly and the exam has a time limit. Not only do you have to study but you also have to try and remember each chapter of the book so you can quickly find references/answers. Most people think it is just as hard and, sometimes, even harder than just an exam with no open book.

When ever I have open book tests (in math methods especially) I find they are harder. This is because you have to apply your knowledge, I always study for open book :)

41, the exams are generally a lot more difficult and marked very strict. You technically have the answers right there, therefore, there should be no error.

Kill Me Please!!! 9

Why would you study for an open book test?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Op always study.. This will usually happen if you don't...

CharresBarkrey 15

You'll forget your textbook if you don't study? I highly doubt that will happen. A lot of times in college when I would bust my ass studying, my professor would surprise us with an open book test. Made me so mad.

Would rather that happen or have what happened to Op happen to you?

That wasn't very smart on your part, at least you learned your lesson, and next time study! What's the point of looking through a book, but not understanding a thing.

Your still supposed to study for open book tests otherwise you usually don't complete it on time because your busy looking things up.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Open book exams are usually made to be more difficult so I don't think having the book would have helped much. Bottom line, you should have studied OP! Learn from this mistake.

I've had one in the past and found it distracting if you don't prepare your textbook with post-its etc. All you are doing is flicking through your book for the whole exam, instead of actually writing.

tenfiftynine 12

OP isn't going to take a test on something not on the book. The book would of helped OP. So would of studying.

It might not be straight facts from the textbook though, but their own interpretation and in depth understanding. Studying would have of course been helpful though.

SHAMUS_the_WITTY 18

18, the word you're looking for is HAVE.

olpally 32

Good assessment of how you did op. you also came here for sympathy, even better... I'm lmao at you even more now! Hahahahahahaha.