By its ok to cheat!? - 20/02/2013 21:52 - United States - Brisbane

Today, I got my results on a recent, important midterm. During the exam, I'd noticed my instructor had accidentally left an answers page in the test packet, so being honest, I didn't look at them. It turns out she did it on purpose to help us pass. I failed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 749
You deserved it 15 752

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whats the point of a test if youre given the answers....unless im missing something?

Atchoo 8

I wonder what the dean/principal/program director or other appropriate authority in the school would have to say about those testing methods......

Comments

FinJage 18

To help you? She practically made sure everyone would pass.

tsk14 9

Honesty is not always the best policy.

Ask...always ask! I had a professor who gave us an hour before the exam to do it with a group and then take the exact same exam for real. Always clarify first!

ulissey_fml 22

This culture of cheat is becoming so pervasive. Would you feel comfortable if your doctor had passed his/ her exam thanks to cheating...? In UK, it's not even teachers anymore, it's principals fiddling with their pupils 'marks (grades) to ensure the school ranks better. What next ? It is so unfair.

tattooedladie 1

It's not clear if this is college or high school but this is exactly why I homeschool my kids!

She could have at least mentioned that wasn't a mistake!

Satoaoi 13

oh lord. you know what it's ok studying goes a long way

If it was a one time deal, and the teacher has never given you the answers before, I say use the help. Everyone should get one freebie. One time is not going to affect the rest of your education. If this happens every test, then there's a problem. What I'd like know is, what your guys' take on open book tests are? Is that cheating? How is it any different?